- Job category: COMPLIANCE Affairs
- Post date:21 Nov 2019
- Share job:
JOB ADVERSTISEMENT COMPLIANCE OFFICER
About AGRO BANK
AGRO AFRICA BANK (BANK BEERAHA) is a commercial private bank founded in Feb. 2019, with the aim of promoting the growth and development of Somalia’s agricultural sector through affordable and innovative financing. Agro bank is actively involved in charting the growth and development of Somalia’s agriculture industry by offering Shariah compliant products and solutions across various customer segments including trade finance for corporate clients, consumer-oriented services, and micro financing.
About the job
Bank compliance function is to assist the bank in managing its compliance risk, which can be defined as the risk of legal or regulatory sanctions, financial loss, or loss to reputation a bank may suffer as a result of its failure to comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and codes of conduct and standards of good practice.
Compliance risk is sometimes also referred to as integrity risk, because a bank’s reputation is closely connected with its adherence to principles of integrity and fair dealing. The management of the bank makes sure that effective compliance policies and procedures are maintained at all times and cost, to avoid breaches of laws, rules and standards.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- First, the officer must have knowledge with governmental and international financial regulations and laws.
- Undertake any compliance activities required for the Bank
- Work with the compliance manager; organize daily administrative tasks and operational compliance activities.
- Coordinate operations of the organization to meet the bank’s business goals and objectives.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk.
- Propose and suggesting corrective action plans for problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Collaborate with other departments (e.g., Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit, etc.)
- To address any identified risk or compliance issues by regularly consulting with the Compliance Risk Manager and Chief Risk Officer.
- Assist in ensuring project timelines are met; and other duties as assigned.
- Partake branch visits to support the internal compliance processes and systems was followed.
- Keeping update on local and INTL regulatory changes, also propose how to adapt the current practices with the changes.
- Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours, if needed.
- Prepare daily checklist for tasks and monthly/periodic reports
- Bachelor degree (preferably in Banking and finance or Business Admin) or higher
- Having Certified Bank Compliance or Certified Regulatory Compliance course is a very value added asset.
- 0 – 2 years of experience in banking or business service, compliance tasks, supervision and monitoring, or internship in related field is an asset.
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Level headed problem solver with a professional, service-oriented attitude
- Must possess good org. skills, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret regulatory publications
- Flexible and willing to adapt to the changes in regulatory policy and procedure
- Basic knowledge of bank compliance, policies, procedures and regulations is a plus
- Proficient in TYPING and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
How to apply
We are seeking talented and hardworking individuals who are looking to nourish their career with a growing company, kindly send your cover letter and CV addressed to AGRO BANK, with this email address email@example.com
Your CV must indicate your school years and school name and also reference persons available for contact. The closing date is 30th Nov, 2019. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED and short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1983 total views, 2 today