Construction Engineer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Engineering/Construction Work
- Post date:9 Jun 2021
- Job expires in: 4 days
- Share job:
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization. From emergency relief to long-term development, Save the Children secures a child’s right to health, education and protection. Save the Children is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. We are looking to recruit for this position to be based in Hargeisa
Position: Construction Engineer
Duration: 12 Months
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Please refer the below Job Description for the position description and the key selection criteria.
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and mandatory cover letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line. The file name of the CV and attachments must be the applicants name and sent
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Wednesday 23rd June 2021 @ 11:59pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required.
|JOB TITLE: Construction Engineer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain||LOCATION: Hargeisa, with frequent travel to field Offices in Somaliland|
|GRADE: 2||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
Level 3. The responsibilities of this post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children and young people.
As part of these responsibilities the post holder will support the establishment of child safeguarding systems, promote a culture of keeping children safe, and ensure that potential harm to children (by our own staff and/or as a result of how we do our work) is identified and addressed on an ongoing basis. The post holder should report and respond to interventions as determined by position related responsibilities identified in the Child Safeguarding Policy.
To contribute to Save the Children’s capacity to meet its drought response, development and child survival objectives in Somalia, through the provision of quality construction and support other programs in emergencies. The role will specifically address Providing engineering technical support, including needs assessment, site selection, construction or rehabilitation needs in development/emergencies through assessment, development of technical designs and BOQs, management, capacity building supervision and evaluation. The role exists to develop direct development/emergency programs and strengthen and provide technical support for Save the Children’s core Programme sectors of health, education, child protection and hunger reduction where required.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Area Representative, Somaliland
Staff directly reporting to this post: Construction Engineer Officer
Precise objectives will vary between assignments. The core areas that the position holder will be expected to deliver on are as follows:
· support issues related to technical planning of the construction activities for All projects
· Prepare or revise the tender documents of all construction activities including rehabilitations of schools, boreholes, shallow wells, HH latrines, Gender segregated latrines, roof catchment tanks, underground Berkads, mini-water systems and installation of hybrid power supply for the water sources
· Conduct onsite and offsite analysis to select a compatible site for the construction works needed to be implemented.
· Prepare the technical drawings, bill of quantities and the required specifications according to Save the children Construction standards and Bench marks
· Continuous monitoring and supervision of the construction activities
· Assist with the reviews and appraisals of submitted tender document especially during peak periods where he provides initial findings to the Project Managers for final recommendations to the respective programme teams
· Conduct regular field project monitoring, supervision and reporting at the same time provides in-site technical support to field teams to ensure quality control and compliance
· Timely submission for the progressive reports of the construction activities
· Assess the completion of the construction works and handover the completion certificate to the contractors
· Make sure that the construction activities are completed according to the time-framework given
· Prepare payment releases of the completed works of the contractors according the contract terms and get it approved from concerned person.
· Ensure the site sanitation and cleanliness
· Solve the construction problems efficiently with respective manager/department
· Inform the organization about the progress in construction and give guidance
· Provide quality control and quality assurance to make sure that the purposes of the project are achieved
· Make sure that the entire safety rules related to construction work are observed
· acting as the main technical adviser on a construction site for the assigned contractors, crafts people and operatives;
· Perform any other relevant duties as instructed by the WASH PM and Senior management of the organisation
|COMPETENCIES (our Values in Practice)
Delivering Results (skilled level) Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious goals for children, continually improving their own performance or that of the team/ organization.
Applying professional and technical expertise (skilled level) – Applies the required technical and professional expertise to the highest standards; promotes and shares best practice within and outside the organization
Problem Solving and Decision Making (Skilled level) – make effective and timely decisions – Stays with a problem or challenge until a solution is reached or no longer reasonably attainable. – Knows when to involve others in a decision
Working effectively with Others(Skilled level) – Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with – Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
|QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Education to BSc/BA/BEng level in, construction engineering, Water Engineering, or a related subject, or equivalent field experience
· Significant technical experience working in an development/emergency response contexts
· Previous experience of Education/WASH Infrastructure construction
· Previous experience of Education/WASH project management, implementing within agreed timescales and budget limitations
· Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability in a Somaliland context
· Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation
· Experience of training and capacity building activities
Interested candidates are required to apply through
Applications will close on 23/6/2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2454 total views, 134 today