Construction Officer – Moyale, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: Engineering/Construction Work
- Post date:12 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Construction Officer – (210006MW)
External Job Advert
Position: Construction Officer
The post holder will be tasked with facilitating and coordinating smooth operations which include Construction Activities. The post holder will also be responsible for ensuring proper Reporting, and coordination of all Construction Issues.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Humanitarian response program manager
Dimensions: Save the Children works in – regions in Ethiopia with a current staff complement of approximately – staff and current expenditure of approximately $90+ million each year.
Staff directly reporting to this post: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary capacity to improve performance and applying appropriate measures when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for himself/herself (and their team).
- Takes responsibility for his/her own personal actions and encourages others to do the same.
- Widely shares his/her personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, his/her team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Skill requirement for construction supervisor
- Advanced Diploma or B.Sc. with 4 years for diploma holder and 2 years for B.Sc. in construction engineering or related technical field
- Should have experience on design and/or construction supervision of projects,
- Be able to communicate orally and using written reports,
- Be able to prepare good reports in English,
- Be able to work outside working hours on site if the contractor is on duty, and
- Professional license is an added advantage.
- The construction supervisor is expected to work in cooperation with SC regional and Woredas offices or in close cooperation with regional and Woreda coordinator.
Understanding of child rights and their protection and fulfilment in the development context
Experience in child friendly accountability systems. We offer a competitive package in the context of the role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Sep 19, 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1030 total views, 1 today