Consultancy For Development Of Organizational Policy And Procedural Manuals – Somalia
- Job category: Development Affiars
- Post date:4 Jan 2022
- Share job:
Development of organizational policy and procedural manuals
FATXI-Gargaar (FG) is a nonprofit; nongovernmental social and community development civil society organization dedicated in reinstating peace, security, public ownership, while also addressing the post conflict social behaviors and attitudes of the Somali communities through the promotion and increased community engagements and volunteerism in public and social development works. FG engages in long-term development work, responds to emergencies, and seeks to address the social challenges and communities social cohesion barriers through community driven development initiatives, education, and advocacy work. FG has been active in Somalia since June 2021 despite the political and social instability and the constant insecurity that characterize the country. The organization successfully carried out different projects that encompasses; women groups empowerment, sports for peace programs, high quality free health services delivery campaigns, food relief, roads rehabilitations, peace and security awareness campaign, advocacy works on annual and weekly basis.
- PURPOSE OF THE CONSULTANCY
The purpose of the consultancy is to conduct field- and desk-level organizational SWOT analysis and develop the organizational policies and procedural manuals and train FG key personnel on the knowledge, practices and implementation of these organizational policies and procedural manuals
- CONSULTANCY SPECIFIC TASKS
- Identify the organization SWOT
- Recommend five to seven most important organizational policies and procedural manuals which the consultancy will develop and print in booklets
- Identify packages of tools, non-instruction support or relevant paper works and documentation
- Explore, identify, and recommend appropriate strategies, approaches and processes, to strengthen FG organizational capacities and professional skills
- Identify main constraints and opportunities of FG civil society organization
The consultant will employ both quantitative and qualitative techniques in undertaking the study. The study will start with the analysis of relevant secondary information (including contextual analysis and organizational documents, as well as available reports and publications) and go on to a series of semi-structured interviews, and, if applicable, focus groups discussions
- DELIVERABLES/EXPECTED OUTPUT
The consultant will be expected to produce the following outputs:
- A draft report detailing the process, findings, conclusions, and recommendations of the analysis in separate sections for each recommended organizational policies and procedural manuals. The recommendation section should outline the mandatory organizational policies and procedural manuals
- Develop and print the mandatory organizational policies and procedural manuals that is vital for the successful operations of FG
- LINES OF COMMUNICATION/REPORTING
The consultant will liaise with the Seed Grant Project Manager and FG Executive Director.
- TIMEFRAME AND LOCATION
Work expected to commence in 1st Feb 2022. All contracted days should take place within a contract period of one (1) month ending no later than 28th Feb 2022. The consultant will be expected to meet strict deadlines
Agreed rates will be based on prevailing market competitive rates and value for money. In full consideration of the services performed by the consultant under the terms of contract, FG shall pay the consultant fees as per an agreed output/deliverables-payment schedule as follows:
- 10% of total agreement will paid upon contract signing
- 10% of total agreement will be paid upon satisfactory completion of the draft report.
- 80% of total agreement will be paid upon satisfactory completion of final works.
- Any additional services billed and/or contract extension must be agreed through a contract amendment approved by FG.
The Consultant is not an employee of FG or its affiliates, thus no benefits or compensation are provided as part of this agreement.
- ESSENTIAL AND DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATION OF THE LEAD CONSULTANT OR CONSULTANT TEAM AT LARGE
- A Master’s Degree in nonprofit establishments/organization, policy and procedural secretariat,
- Must have at least five (5) years and more on relevant work experience in organizational policies and procedures
- Excellent English and Somali communication, reporting and editorial skills
- Ability to finish work within schedule
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements must submit the following;
- A draft daily work plan
- A budget justification quoted in USD (US Dollars)
- Demonstration of Capability i.e. CV of the lead consultant/s and, if quoting for an organization, attach the CV of any other personnel to be involved in the assignment
- A list of previous work done (Work Completion Certificates can be attached) including telephone and email contacts of three (referees who can validate the consultancy technical expertise)
- Report of a similar assignment carried out by the Consultant is preferable
All applications must be addressed to FG Director of Operations & Administration using the following email address:
email@example.com with the subject of the email as “FG Organizational Policies and Procedural Manuals” lately by Monday, 20th Jan 2022
FATXI-Gargaarwill only contact short-listed candidates for presentations
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1491 total views, 2 today