Consultant to lead a Curriculum Development and Training of Trainers (ToT) Business Development Skills – Jijiga, Somali Regional state of Ethiopia
- Job category: Business Affairs
- Post date:26 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Description : Consultant to lead a Curriculum Development and Training of Trainers (ToT) Business Development Skills
Project Location: Jigjiga Background
Mercy Corps, in partnership with the Danish Refugee Council (DRC), will implement the 44-month project for ‘Strengthened Socio-Economic Development and Better Employment Opportunities for Refugees and Host Communities in the Jigjiga Area (STEDE). The action aims to improve employment and livelihood opportunities for 54,000 vulnerable refugees and host community individuals especially women and youth. This will be achieved through a market systems development (MSD) approach, building on the successes and lessons learned. Using a facilitation approach, including strategic investments in private sector actors through an Innovation Investment Fund, the action will catalyze systemic and sustainable changes in markets systems of most relevance to the target refugee and host community populations, including agricultural markets, labour markets and financial markets. In doing so, the action will improve livelihoods, employment and incomes, and help to support socio-economic integration between the two groups.
The STEDE Project is a consortium of a multi-year funded by European trust fund, which focuses more on comprehensive refugee response framework in Fafan Refugee camps and their host communities especially Kebribayeh, Shedder and Awbare camps and host communities. The STEDE project has three outcomes, which are:
I- Increase the ability of local/regional economy to create jobs for various skills as per existing and potential economic value
II- Increase demand- driven skills of the labour force in project intervention areas
III- Improve Social integration and access to legal rights of Refugee and Host communities
2. Objectives of the consultancy
Mercy Corps conducted a labour market assessment in project intervention areas in tier 1 and tier 2 and selected eight markets that are aimed to sustain successes, transform the lives of vulnerable populations, and achieve lasting change at scale, Mercy Corps applies market systems development (MSD) approaches in this project intervention area. Therefore, Business development skills for shoat fattening cooperative is one of the markets selected during the program labour market system assessment for intervention. This intervention will result in developing curriculum for Business Development skills for Cooperative Promotion Agency and Urban Job Creation and Food Security Agencies particularly in shoat fattening sector.
These Curriculum Development and Training will be developed and adopted by respective government agencies, This will enable cooperatives to access training on a sustainable model and enables the actors to develop their business management skills and improve practices. The Manual will also be used to provide training for trainers to the experts and officers in respective government agencies, this curriculum will be used in current programming and over the next five years.
The following are the specifics objectives for these work :Undertake desktop research to identify the key curriculum on business development services for shoat fattening in Somali context
● Analysis all business environment sectors curriculum to link with business development skills manual nationally.
● Include in the curriculum relevant components of the regulatory and policy framework as well as important informal norms /rules that affect the business development
● Develop business development skills training curriculum for shoat fattening business in Somali region context
● Develop the lesson plans and materials to teach business development skills
● The curriculum should include both theoretical and applied practices; participants will be expected to adopt new practices, such as record keeping, business management …
● Development of business plan template and guide for the shoat-fattening cooperative and most of the content is relevant to any business, and content may be modified for other business entities.
● The consultancy will develop the monitoring system for adopting and practicing the developed curriculum
● Participants are also guided through the process of writing their business plan as well as an action plan to help them pursue the growth strategy(s) identified.
● The consultancy should be submit the module of curriculum development by English and Somali language
● Integrate Women leadership training in the curriculum
● Training feedlots producers on the new business skills training program
● Incorporate potential market opportunities to sell their products in their market
● Link fattening cooperatives with potential concentrated feed and fodder producers, and feedlots cooperative
● The course outline (maximum three pages) outlining the approach/method and work timetable submitted for review and approval by MC two (2) days after signing the contract, before commencing work.
● Curriculum development module course outline within 2 days
● Draft Curriculum development module submitted with MC and relevant government office within 5 days.
● Final Curriculum development module submitted within five days of receiving written and verbal feedback from MC and relevant government integrating feedback received.
● Final module development with ToT training for 8 days
Timeframe / Schedule:
Expected 15 total consultant days with work starting around 10 May 2021 with the develop curriculum produced by March 10, 2021. After manual submitted ToT training will take approximately 8 days for theoretical and practical
Needs and deliverables may change throughout the course of the consultancy. It is expected that the consultant be able to adjust as needed in coordination with the STEDE program team.
Consultant/ team qualifications:
The consultant / team must be multidisciplinary (the key consultant must have a Business and Economic background) as the curriculum development is set in the overall direction of Mercy Corps’ and Cooperative promotion Agency. At the minimum, the consultant(s) must possess the following:
● A Master’s degree in business-related disciplines, development studies or economics
● A minimum five (5) years demonstrated experience in developing curricula mob Business development skills or work requiring a good understanding of BDS development.
● A good understanding of Somali Region context with practical working experience in such environments.
● Successful experience with local and national institutions, government departments, and business service providers.
● Familiar with current business models and practice in the regions’ in Business Development skills,
● Practical application of cross cutting themes like gender mainstreaming, youth employment, M&E, advocacy.
● Good spoken and written communication skills in English or Somali strongly preferred, but if needed, translation can be arranged at the consultant’s expense
● Proven experience of using participatory tools and methodologies.
● Excellent analytical and report writing skills.
● Past experience working on the curriculum development on business development skills will be an added advantage.
● Consultant(s) who meet the requirements should submit an expression of interest (maximum 10 pages) which includes the following:
● A statement describing capacity and past work that demonstrates suitability and availability for the entire assignment. (15 points)
● A brief statement of the proposed Curriculum Module including a detailed work plan (35 points).
● A detailed financial proposal, including daily cost per major activity (30 points).
● Updated curriculum vitae that clearly spell out qualifications and experience for the key consultant(s). (These can be annexed, and are not part of page limit) (20 points)
How to Apply
Eligible companies/firms have to submit the following:
⮚ CV of consultant(s) and company profile (if relevant);
⮚ Statement of interest, proposed methodology and work plan;
⮚ Copies of renewed business registration certificates;
⮚ Financial proposal with a detailed breakdown of costs (including all related costs) in Birr mentioning the terms of payment;
⮚ Technical and financial proposal separately and in a sealed envelope; to Mercy Corps Ethiopia head office, P.O. Box: 14319, Addis Ababa, Mercy Corps jigjig Office or Electronic copy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
⮚ email@example.com can be used for procurement related questions and firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com for technical questions; and only till April 026, 2021 Failure to comply with any of the conditions indicated above will result in automatic rejection;
⮚ Application deadline is April May 5, 2021 at 4pm and proposals sent after this date may not be considered
⮚ Please collect Terms of Reference in Mercy Corps Addis Ababa office located around 22, Addis Ababa or Mercy Corps Jigjig Office around Horn College the opposite of IRC Office.
⮚ The consultant(s) CV(s) should also be submitted as an attachment to the proposal to Mercy corps Office. Clarification and questions can be contacted by STEDE program Staff: 0915762911 or supporting staff: 0910013151 days before the proposal deadline period.
——- FOLLOW US — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1068 total views, 6 today