Cooperatives Development Officer – Malkadida, Somali Regional State of Ethiopia
- Job category: Development Affiars
- Post date:21 Jul 2021
- Job expires in: 3 days
- Share job:
Cooperatives Development Officer
ZOA works with committed and motivated staff in serving millions of people affected by poverty, disaster, injustice and conflicts. Through the efforts of our dedicated staff, we are able to bring Signs of Hope and to support people who suffer due to armed conflict or natural disasters by helping them to rebuild their livelihoods.
We value our employees and offer a wide range of benefits to meet the specific needs of our staff and their families. However, ZOA has a zero tolerance towards violation of safeguarding policies like Child Protection & Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuses.
Because ZOA highly values Integrity, we expect all colleagues to sign up for and adhere to our Code of Conduct. As part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out rigorous background and reference checks for all candidates, which will include checking government sanction lists and possibly criminal records. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire, the “Statement of Conduct”, which will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment). This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme. The provision of references by ZOA will be subject to the Scheme as well.
This post is important and in line with ZOA Ethiopia strategic plan particularly food security and livelihood interventions. In addition to this the post will help ZOA Ethiopia to assist the implementation of livelihood activities including business skills training, vocational skills training, and income generating activities that focused on youth on the move in Dollo Addo area.
Typical Responsibilities – Key end Results of the Position:*
- Undertake an institutional/organizational analysis of the existing 45 cooperatives and groups( agricultures, livestock., gum and incense, renewable energy, construction and prosopis firewood and charcoal briquette production) in terms of their legal function and governance structures to identify gaps and opportunities for improvements
- Identify the critical capacity gaps and training requirements for the 45 Coops and groups and design a capacity building plan
- Conduct trainings for the cooperative members based on the capacity needs assessment by focusing on the supply, production and marketing aspect of each sector
- Provide direct technical assistance on a case by case basis to cooperative management structures based on the areas needed for improvement and on their individual needs and requirement.
- Coordinate activities related to mobilization of cooperatives and capacity building in collaboration with Regional Government and Woreda Cooperative office
- Monitor day to day performance of the cooperatives and report on the findings and areas of required attention
- Monitor the monthly financial performance of all cooperatives
Dealing with Problems:
The incumbent should have higher degree of problem analysis for both external and internal environments in order to propose viable solution which is in line with the organizational rules and regulations.
Communications and Working Relationships:
The incumbent should have high degree of communication skills in order to deal with the partners and stakeholders relevant for the smooth implementation of activities
Educational Qualification and Experience:·
- Completion of BA degree in Economics, Management or related fields.
- At least minimum 4 years of work experience in Cooperative development in Somali region context (pastoral & agro-pastoralist community)
- Solid understanding of cooperative principles, systems, policies, laws and practices;
- Hands-on experience in developing training materials;
- Experience of conducting/facilitating training to the cooperatives.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and Somali are essential.
- Well versed with computer applications like Word, Excel, Power point etc.
Skills Specific to the Post
- Hands on field experience, PRA and communication skills essential
- Knowledge and experience of working on market related component of livelihood such as value chain management etc. Excellent training and counterpart development skill
- ·Demonstrated collaborative approach including working with Government officials with good negotiation skills, diplomacy and tact
- Experience of working effectively with international or local agency in Dollo Addo and fluency in writing and speaking Somali language is essential.
Competencies and values
The incumbent should possess high degree of integrity and able to lead a team in a disciplined manner
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply via ethiojobs.net by sending your CV and a motivation letter indicating your suitability for this position to Zoa.firstname.lastname@example.org before the due date
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in your CV or motivation letter.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. A written test will be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Deadline: Jul 31, 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
344 total views, 2 today