Country Finance Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Country Finance Officer – Hargeisa Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
|JOB TITLE: Country Finance Officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Finance||LOCATION: Hargeisa|
Level 4 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
To assist the Country Finance Coordinator in the Day to Day operations of Save the Children Somalia/Land Country Finance, to ensure that all financial general Journal documents are correctly Recorded and in an easily accessible way, to work closely and support Field Finance Staff, To Ensure compiling and filling Country MFR documents, posting GLACOSes and working with Auditors Internal/External.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Country Finance Coordinator
This is a challenging role in a complex environment. It requires a dedicated, experienced and highly motivated individual who can manage the difficulties of living and working in such an environment and still be fundamental in helping to drive forward our programmes and our ambitions.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Ensure compliance to monthly and quarterly financial diaries for Agresso FMS Accounts systems and ensure its strict adherence to the HQ deadlines and deadlines set at the Country Level.
• Monitor field office data postings, and ensure that 95% of the data is posted with the period
• To ensure that Monthly data quality is checked and corrected before month end
• Ensure that cash limits are observed at the end of every month
• Take Part Compiling and Preparing Monthly Country Fund Request and ensuring the Deadlines
• Process recharge journals for International staff and other costs booked under Inter-Country account
• Process monthly salary advances and ensure that HQ payroll deducts from International staff salaries.
• In cooperation with the Country Finance Coordinator check the Supporting Document of all Payments coming from Field offices for CD approvals in compliance with SCI financial policies and procedures and the internal audit recommendations
• Maintenance and updating of the Agresso FMS and posting for field offices during hard close
• Responsible for ensuring that reconciliation of balance sheet/control accounts are carried out on monthly basis, ensuring that month-end accounting procedures are followed consistently and that any discrepancies are reported to the Country Finance Manager.
• Carry out autonomous field checks and visits to support and build capacities of the Field Finance teams.
• Take part in preparation for and undertaking of internal and external audit exercises and subsequent implementation of the auditors’ recommendations. In this regard ensure all finance documents are accurately filed and are easily retrievable.
• Review and compile Monthly Financial Review checklist documents communicating any issues arising to the Field offices.
• Ensure that systems are put in place to assure document security for a complete audit trail from the Agresso FMS accounts records to supporting documentation and vice versa
• Internal: The post holder will work closely with Country Finance Team, Field finance Teams, Regional Finance Teams and SCI Centre.
• External: Save the children Members and staff Insurance Companies
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
· Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the provision of well-planned and systematic partner financial management guidance and providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved for the emergency awards.
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves, takes responsibility for their own personal development.
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with the emergency response team, partners and beneficiaries.
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Qualified professional accountant (internationally recognised qualification, practical experience equivalent will be considered) with substantial post qualification accounting experience
· At least 3 years of experience in similar capacity with well-developed skills in financial management, supervision and capacity building
· Proven track record of supporting a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors.
· Knowledge of the requirements of the major emergency donors and experience in budgeting and reporting to donors.
· Good attention to detail and analytical skills
· Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
· Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
· Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
· Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a workload comprised of varying and changing tasks and responsibilities
· Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English.
· Appropriate training experience.
· Familiarity with financial systems preferred.
· Strong budgeting/accounting/finance skills.
· Accurate and detail oriented, with ability to see the big picture.
· Ability to complete work in a timely manner while working on simultaneous tasks.
· Ability to maintain high quality of work, both in presentation and accuracy.
· Ability and desire to learn new concepts/skills quickly.
· Strong problem solving, analytical, and organizational skills.
· Ability to gather facts and data, scrutinize with ease, determine a logical solution and resolve issues with very minimal supervision.
· Ability to anticipate and plan trends and workload. Strong interpersonal skills.
· Willingness to work the time necessary to complete critical tasks without being asked.
· Ability to work longer hours than other finance team in the field offices.
· Commitment to Save the Children’s values, vision and mission.
· Significant experience with NGOs in an emergency environment
· Good Knowledge of English is preferred as communication is key to success and understanding of data; no room for error
|Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy, All employees are also expected to carry out their duties in accordance with SCI protection from sexual exploitation abuse.
|Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
|Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Female qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:-
Closing Date will be 14th April 2021
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3033 total views, 2 today