Crowdfunding Officer – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: FUND RAISING
- Post date:26 Nov 2020
- Share job:
|Job title||Crowdfunding Officer|
|Reporting to||Project Manager|
Established in 2011, Shaqodoon Organization is a not-for-profit NGO that operates in multiple regions in Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia dedicated to advancing skills and talents of youth and social investments through its multifaceted programs that are designed to increase the number of young people engaged in productive work and entrepreneurship.
As evidenced through its most recent accomplishments, Shaqodoon Organization has provided leadership and resource for catalytic action to increase the number of young people engaged in productive work.
Shaqodoon Organization is focused on sharpen its focus on innovation, piloting and scaling innovative interventions on youth employment, especially those that better connect supply-side with demand-side interventions and working very closely with the private sector. Shaqodoon Organization also strives to promote its intermediary online crowdfunding platforms to bring actors together to create impact.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Shaqodoon is hiring a competent, hardworking, reliable knowledgeable and enthusiastic Crowdfunding Officer who will be responsible in supporting SOMREP partners to raise local funds through mobilize local resources by launching a series of local and international crowd-funding campaigns through community meetings and social media campaigns.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop strategy for local fund mobilization learning from success of the previous model.
- Train partners organizations.
- Identify projects (CAAPs) per organization for
- Hold committee workshop and provide support to lLead partner
- Identify and Agree with CAAP projects with matching funds and crowdfunding. Open accounts for the community projects and link it to the platform.
- Works closely with the Program Team to document and share successes and lessons learned
- Assist partner staff and the committees to organize crowdfunding event
- Develops relationships with funding sources and proactively promotes the crowdfunding program to these partners.
- Develop communications materials for social media
- Launch the crowdfunding on social media, local radio TV.
- Committee member seek support from their diaspora.
- Travel to partner offices for trainings and execution of crowdfunding campaigns.
- Regularly upload project updates and stories on the
- Regularly promote the site and recommend new improvements for the platform.
- Send regular reports to Shaqodoon
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- University degree in Community development, ICT or any other relevant degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in similar roles
- Self-starter who takes initiative, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – an interest in storytelling
- Strong social media skills; ability to plan and conduct social media campaigns and updates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, preferably graphic design skills a plus
- Experience in fundraising including online campaigns and community outreach
- High level of independence, creativity and responsibility
- Interested in the non-profit sector
- Must be resident of Hargeisa.
- Strong report writing skills is essential
HOW TO APPLY:
Relevant applicants should send their CVS with application latter to email@example.com on or before 5rd of December 2020. Please mention “CF officer” on your email subject. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1571 total views, 1 today