Data Administration Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Human Resource & Administration
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Scope of Work (SOW)
Data Admin Officer
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
|I. General Information|
|Position||Data Administration Officer|
|Project Name||Bar ama Baro (BAB) Project|
|Contract period||12 months|
|Location||Federal MOECHE, Mogadishu, Somalia|
|Reporting lines||BAB Project Advisor at MOECHE and Director of Planning. The position will also have technical line management with BAB technical team.|
|II. Background Information|
The USAID/Somalia Bar ama Baro (BAB) Program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
|III. Position Summary|
The Data Administration Officer will advise and support Federal and State-level MOEs on the Education Management Information System (EMIS), including analysis and use of data for policy and planning. The Data Admin Officer will supplement and facilitate the capacity of the MoECHE in this area, through providing direct support and capacity building to the relevant section.
|IV. Key responsibilities|
- Build and strengthen capacity of education staff at the national and state levels in the management and use of EMIS system.
- Increase the capacity of EMIS and Statistics Units to analyze and interpret data to inform policy development.
- Establish an interconnected data management structure at the national and state level to support the management and use of EMIS through development and implementation of a Monitoring and Evaluation Framework.
- Review the proposed plans and providing technical input to improve and advance the system.
- Improve data quality through training national and state EMIS staff to utilize data quality reporting tools, and developing further strategies where required to detect data anomalies and handle non-responses
- Train the staff of EMIS and Statistics to generate key indicators, based on quality assured data, and to update the education information and new dashboard applications.
- Support the effective coordination with central government and other stakeholders to improve dissemination of information
- Perform any other duties assigned by the line manager.
|VI. Key Qualifications|
- University Degree in Planning & Statistics or a related field
- Knowledge of education statistics and indicators is essential.
- Minimum three years of experience within the development / humanitarian sector – preferably with the education sector in Somalia (international experience will be an added advantage)
- Specific strong technical experience in developing EMIS systems for at least two year.
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills
- Must be willing to travel and work in a challenging environment.
- Proficiency in the use of computer software (Microsoft, power Point, Word Perfect, Outlook, excel and the internet)
- Experience in managing and mentoring staff and promoting
- Excellent verbal and written English skills, particularly communication and presentation skills for diverse audiences
|VII. Core Values & Critical Key Competencies|
Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Diversity, Stress Tolerance, communicating with Impact, Excellence and Building Partnerships.
|VII. How to Apply|
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for Data Administration Officer – MoECHE Mogadishu Somalia.
Deadline 7th April 2021.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1806 total views, 1 today