Deputy Chief of Party – Program Implementation and Operations – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:17 May 2021
- Share job:
Deputy Chief of Party – Program Implementation and Operations
- Job Locations: SO-Mogadishu
- Category: Program Management
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Somalia Bar Ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program will improve access to, and quality of, comprehensive, conflict sensitive education for out-of-school children and youth (ages ~8-15 years) whom are most marginalized and living in specific regions of Somalia. The program, in partnership with the Government of Somalia will engage in the design and development of policies that improve access and support to accelerated basic education, increase student enrollment in accelerated education program (AEP) sites, roll-out comprehensive curriculum and monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional learning (SEL) skills among targeted learners. The program will aim to reach targets and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) Ministry of Education, Culture, and Higher Education’s (MoECHE’s) capacity to regulate them.
The Deputy Chief of Party (program implementation/operations) will provide overall oversight and day-to-day management and coordination of activities, operations and administration, including oversight of grants, human resources officers, and procurement processes. S/he will work alongside the CoP and the DCoP Technical to ensure that the delivery of activities by both Creative and our sub-contractors meet the required contract milestones. S/he should have appropriate levels of expertise, in effective program implementation, and possess the relevant management, communication, and interpersonal skills required to fulfill this role. The DCoP is required to undertake a collaborative and capacity-building approach with BAB team members, partner organizations, most notably the programs’ local implementing partners, and local Government officials, to ensure an inclusive collaborative approach that will result in the achievement of program outputs and outcomes.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Reporting and Supervision:
The DCoP will report to the Chief of Party (CoP) and will supervise a number of project staff including human resources and admin manager, grants manager, operations and procurement manager. The DCOP will also line manage the program coordinator and BAB field based staff in South West and Hirshabelle.
- The DCOP reports directly to the COP and will provide support to the COP to coordinate and provide leadership for the successful implementation of all program activities, ensuring the program meets stated goals and reporting requirements.
- As a member of the senior project management team, actively participate in all project work planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluating, and reporting processes.
- Support with the annual work planning, budgeting, overall program financial management as required.
- Assist in drafting the quarterly/annual reports and assist in the development of any other major contract deliverables.
- Manage the day-to-day implementation of program activities, to include oversight of procurement processes, development of agreements, grant implementation and milestone verification.
- The DCOP will liaise and work closely with the DCOP-PCGL for quality in terms of planning, implementation, monitoring, review meetings, and reporting.
- Ensure project activities are implemented in accordance with established policies, procedures, and practices, in coordination with project staff.
- Line manage project operations and grants staff, including the human resources and admin manager, grants manager, operations and procurement manager.
- Provide overarching activity-based operations and procurement support to all project components.
- Working in collaboration with the COP, ensure staff are effectively implementing project activities, administrative and procurement procedures that are compliant with Creative and donor policies.
- Oversee the solicitation, award and management of subcontracts, purchase orders, and other procurements.
- Oversee the solicitation, award and outputs of sub-awards to partners in collaboration with the COP.
- Mentor, develop, train and lead project staff staff.
- Identify potential and actual activity-based risks and take appropriate mitigation measures.
- Investigate, identify and implement new ways of achieving activity efficiencies.
- Liaise with the FGS MoECHE and FMS MoEs and stakeholder groups as needed.
- Willing and able to train and be trained.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- At least ten (10) years general experience with seven (7) years of demonstrated management and operations experience in running large scale programs.
- Must have exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Must be professionally proficient in written and spoken English.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated experience of supervising and mentoring technical staff.
- Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the dynamics in Somalia.
- Must be able to engage positively and productively with diverse team members, stakeholders, and government counterparts.
- Experience working on donor funded projects, preferably with USAID, is preferred.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1798 total views, 5 today