Deputy executive Director for Integrated Health Care – Mogadishu
Position: Deputy executive Director for Integrated Health Care
|Reports To:||Executive Director|
|Direct Reports:||PHC Manager, First Aid Manager andReproductive Health Manager|
The Somali Red Crescent Society (SRCS) is an independent, non-political humanitarian organization that was founded in April 1963 and was established with presidential decree No. 187 in 1965. It was then recognized by the ICRC in 1969 and in the same year became a member of the International Federation of the Red Cross and the Red Crescent societies.
The Somali Red Crescent Society is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Deputy Executive Director for Integrated Health Care.
|Overall Job Purpose|
Provide technical leadership and guidance in the design, implementation and evaluation of all aspects for hospital, first aid/pre hospital, rehabilitation and primary health care in accordance with the SRCS health strategy . Coordinate the development and implementation of , work-plans, trainings, update of guidelines and work on the correct implementation of the budget. including mechanisms for tracking, monitoring implementation against set targets in order to improve the quality and delivery of programmed activities and ultimately maximize programmed impact.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Deputy of integrated health services supports the implementation and monitoring of cooperation conventions / agreements on health, as well as in the analysis of health issues in general. S/he also supports in the analysis, evaluation, planning and implementation of health programs in disaster or humanitarian crisis.
S/he is responsible for making and maintaining contact with the various external, national and international partners that each program responsible needs, or that different health programs carried out might require.
S/he is responsible for the preparation, participation and coordination of meetings within the Health Department, with other departments within SRCS, and with external partners relevant to different health programs.
The position also participates and contributes in different planning processes, monitoring and institutional assessment and the drafting of various institutional reports or related documents, as well as the institutional and non-institutional reports for each program carried out.
- Main Responsibilities & tasks
- Facilitates the implementation and is responsible for the monitoring and evaluation of the SRCS health programs
- Facilitates the implementation and is monitoring the health programs
- Establishes, maintains and develops contacts with various high-level interlocutors in an independent way
- Facilitates the collection of information (security, general situation, humanitarian affairs, recent events, etc.)
- Provides technical assistance to the interlocutors involved in the implementation of programs Proposes dissemination activities according to objectives
- Performs administrative tasks
- Orients, supervises and advises Health staff
- Advises on the orientation of operations
- Participates in the decision-making process of the SRCS when it comes to health-related issues
- Writes reports and statistics according to established procedures and institutional tools
- Ensures that the information flow within the SRCS is organized and maintained
2.1 Primary Health Care
- In close communication and coordination with the PHC director/coordinator, participates in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of strategies as defined by the SRCS health strategy
- Responsible to supervise the overall implementation of the planned community health activities.
- Periodically informs the line superior on the progress, challenges and difficulties of implementing the program.
- Ensure to maintain the community projects strategy in line with the SRCS strategy on community projects.
- Advises the PHC team on public health strategies to be implemented in the organization of curative and preventive health activities.
- Advises and supports the SRCS PHC team in the analysis of information and the decision-tacking process related to health activities and programs.
2.2 Keysanay hospital
- S/he is the direct technical support to Keysanay hospital director
- S/he is responsible for support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Keysaney hospital
- In close coordination withKeysanay hospital director, participates in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the hospital and activities.
- Rehabilitation Program
- S/he is responsible of giving support for the monitoring, evaluation and technical support of the rehabilitation program
- In close coordination with rehabilitation responsible analyze the statistics of the program in contribute to different reports when necessary, and asses in changes of strategies and its implementation if needed.
2.4 First Aid/ Pre-Hospital Program
- Participates in the definition of the first aid strategy and planning of first aid activities
- Support the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of first aid activities
- Supports the action teams in their activities
2.5 Overall responsibility
- Is responsible of:
- Analysis of health problems in general
- The definition of a health strategy for the different programs, objectives and priorities of health actions.
- The planning of actions / activities regarding health care issues
- The development and implementation of persuasion, mobilization, support or substitution strategies
- The evaluation, analysis, planning, implementation and supervision of health programs in disaster or humanitarian crisis.
· Post-Graduate qualifications or equivalent professional practice in Public Health/Community Health, Medicine, Nursing, Community Development, PublicAdministration, Social Sciences.
· Minimum 10 years relevant experience in a humanitarian or development organization. At least 3 years in senior management with experience in public/community health, finance and human resources,
- Demonstrating consistency in upholding integrity and ethics
- Demonstrated knowledge and commitment to the fundamental principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Team leader with demonstrated mentoring and coaching skills
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in computer office packages word, excel, power point
- Demonstrate openness to change & ability to manage complexities
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills and ability to manage intergroup dynamics and mediate conflicting interests
- Excellent writing skills, analytical capacity to synthesize project outputs and findings for the preparation of quality programme reports
- Maturity & confidence in dealing with senior and high ranking officials Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Respond positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Demonstrate proficiency in Somali and English languages
Qualified candidates are invited to send their updated CV, cover letter, and copy of their certificates to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 20 / 02 / 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1589 total views, 15 today