DEVELOP LOGISTICS MANUAL FOR SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGE SOMALIA
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:8 Oct 2020
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages is a non-governmental social development organization that has been active in the field of child care, children’s rights and committed to children’s needs. It is an active member of the worldwide federation of SOS Children’s Villages International, the umbrella organization of all national, independent SOS Children’s Villages Associations (based in Innsbruck, Austria since 1949).
The core bussines of SOS Chldren’s Villages Somalia is Child care. After the first children’s village in Mogadishu was opened in 1985 to provide altenative family like care to children who have lost parental care. SOS Somalia has continuously expanded its programmes in the care for children and provided Medical Care, Education,Youth care,Employment & Employability and Emergency Programes in Somalia. SOS Somalia has provided care and support to the Vulnerable communities in Somalia continuously without break Since 1985 to date.
SOS Somalia is currently active in the project locations of Banadir, Bay and Bakool regions of Somalia
Logistics management and of recent supply chain management has evolved from a departmental function to a strategic role which has enabled organisations to attain their mission and objectives as well as managing uncertainties in project management.
Effective procurement strategies and well managed supply chains enable organizations to focus on developing and delivering products and services that exceed customer expectations. Benefits include reduced operating cost, increased procurement capability, improved service quality, simplified processes and effective supplier management. Therefore, with this kind of significance there is urgent need to redesign processes in order to operate efficiently and effectively.
Synchronization of SOS Children’s villages logistical processes and creation of smooth procedures will strengthen SOS supply chain right from program design till contract management and contract administration.
Purpose of the Logistics Manual
The “Logistics Manual” is to provide essential information and step‐by‐step procedures for procurement of goods, works and services, transportation, warehousing, fleet management, asset management and inventory management. This document is intended to guide officials directly involved in all logistical activities. It is also intended to help in understanding the procurement processes and to achieve uniformity in procurement processes followed for the entire SOS Somalia.
The Manual will represent a formal tool that will strengthen SOS Children’s village Somalia by maximising efficiency and effectiveness.
To support strategic and operational efficiency and effectiveness of the performance of Logistics function in the Organisation through ensuring the attainment of the right goods, in the right quantities, in the right condition, delivered to the right place, at the right time, for the right cost at all times. This manual is to be used as an operational guidance for all staff members involved in any stage of the logistics cycle by describing processes and procedures, that leads to creation of value additions in products, services and works.
Expected Outputs / Deliverables
The scope of work and expected outputs/deliverables will be the following:
- Review the current procurement manual system used by SOS Children’s village Somalia.
- Conduct discussions with logistics staff, finance and relevant program team for their participation or input (Alignment with financial manual and donor compliance)
- Creation of procurement process templates with inserted formulas to be used which can’t be edited or tampered with
- Training of the staff in the usage of the templates
- Creation of scientific bid evaluation methodology that incorporates value for money
- Create Key Performance indicators (KPIs) for all main components of the supply chain
- Draft contracts for goods, works and services with emphasis on rights and liabilities of SOS Children’s village Somalia and contractors.
- Develop and incorporate fleet management, inventory management, asset management and warehousing management in the manual
- Incorporate values of credibility, ethics, user-friendliness, value for money, efficiency and effectiveness in Logistics performance
- Lead/conduct a review and validation workshop to review the draft (Facilitate two consultations)
- Produce a well written and comprehensive logistics manual for SOS Children’s village Somalia (in English).
- The duration of contract shall be for a maximum of two (2) working months between Nov/2020 to Dec/2020
- The consultant will work closely with the SOS Children’s village Somalia Logistics department and will from time to time submit and share the progress of activities as agreed.
Qualifications and Specialised knowledge/ experience required
- Have at least a Master’s degree in Procurement and Supply chain, Commerce, Business Administration and Bachelor’s degree in the fields mentioned or similar field.
- Have at least seven (7) years of experience in Procurement or logistics in general and at least five (05) years in Humanitarian projects/programmes
- Have developed at least three Logistics manuals for development projects/programmes.
Application files comprising: a cover letter, a resume, academic certificates copies, work certificates or any other document justifying experience, must be sent by electronic means to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 22th October 2020 at 4:00 pm. Please include the subject line “DEVELOP LOGISTICS MANUAL FOR SOS CHILDREN’S VILLAGE SOMALIA” or else your application will not be considered.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1725 total views, 1 today