Director of Finance, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:3 Nov 2021
- Job expires in: 1 day
- Share job:
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program will improve access to, and quality of, comprehensive, conflict sensitive education for out-of-school children and youth (ages ~9-16 years) who are most marginalized and living in specific regions of Somalia. The program, in partnership with the Government of Somalia will engage in the design and development of policies that improve access and support to accelerated basic education, increase student enrollment in accelerated education program (AEP) sites, roll-out comprehensive curriculum and monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional learning (SEL) skills among targeted learners. The program will aim to reach targets and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) Ministry of Education, Culture, and Higher Education’s (MoECHE’s) capacity to regulate them.
Director of Finance provides overall financial management and administration oversight for the project. They ensure project liquidity and establishes appropriate checks and balances to mitigate financial risks and conflicts of interest. They ensure all records are audit ready, establish cost and fiscal controls, and enforce stringent international financial and auditing standards. They ensure funds expended are compliant with the Creative policies and USG regulations as well as local labor and tax laws. They provide operational support on procurement, grants, and human resources and oversight on accounting and finance, and ensure financial compliance and timely reporting.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Director of Finance reports to the Chief of Party.
- Provide leadership to the finance team and oversight on the project’s accounting and finance functions, including identification of areas for improvement and strategic guidance for financial management
- Ensure accurate and timely information is provided, to assist in the day-to-day management of the project and to drive management, strategic and budgetary decisions
- Establish and maintain financial management and accounting control systems for program expenditures
- Ensure project liquidity and establish appropriate checks and balances to mitigate financial risks and conflicts of interest
- Ensure all financial records are audit ready, establish cost and fiscal controls, and enforce stringent international financial and auditing standards that ensure efficiency, accountability, and compliance
- Lead the development of the annual budget, annual and quarterly forecasts and reforecasts, pipeline analysis, budget realignment, and fund obligation requests
- Support the development of the project annual workplans
- Work closely with field-based implementing partners to ensure budgets, projections, and invoices are completed according to the Creative policies and procedures and USG regulations
- Direct the formation and implementation of financial management and compliance policies and procedures, guiding policy decisions and providing technical expertise
- Verify all project procurements prior to execution and determine source selection methods for complex procurements to ensure compliance with the Creative policies and USG rules and regulations
- Manage finance team and provide financial management and systems training for the staff
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of quarterly and annual financial reports on financial status of project expenses and budget information
- Ensure that the project meets all contractual requirements and complies with the USG regulations
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working in senior financial management positions with increasing levels of responsibility for large complex projects, of which at least five years’ experience managing multifaceted development programs, with strong experience with funds control, and the ability to monitor fraud and abuse
- Strong knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- Master’s degree in a finance‐related field; an additional 2 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree
- Experience working in conflict-affected regions; experience specifically in the East Africa region is highly desirable
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Need help finding the right job?
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2149 total views, 6 today