DISSEMINATION OFFICER – KISMAYO, SOMALIA
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:15 Oct 2020
- Job expires in: 10 days
- Share job:
POSITION: DISSEMINATION OFFICER BASED IN KISMAYO
Organizational Development and Communication
Reporting to: Communication Manager in Mogadisho Headquarter
The Dissemination and Mobilization Officer is responsible to develop, plan and implement the SRCS mobilization program in order to sensitize selected groups on issues of interest, according to SRCS dissimination activities, and to assess the impact. He/she evaluates and reinforces the dissimination and sensitization capacity of SRCS branches in Baladweyne.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans, organizes and conducts thematic sessions to sensitize selected community groups;
- Conceptualizes and develops creative dissimilation tools and actions at local level;
- Monitors and reviews progress of activities and take appropriate follow up actions;
- Consolidate and compile monthly, quarterly and yearly activity reports from the branches;
- Supports SRCS branches in training needs, implementation of workshops and development of dissimilation materials/tools;
- Develops dissimilation activities on specific SRCS sensitization programs;
- Manages the budget related to his/her activity and provide all justifications;
- Any other task that his immediate supervisor or the coordinator may assign him/her.
- General Duties
- Be aware of the SRCS vision, mission and activities
- Apply the SRCS Safer Access Framework at all times
- Respects and observes the SRCS HR Policies and Procedures
- Perform any other tasks and duties when necessary.
Experience and Knowledge
- At least 4 years of relevant dissemination and community mobilizing related work experience;
- University degree in a relevant field (Dissemination, Community Development, Political Science etc.);
- Experience in international work environments and intercultural communication;
- Experience with delivery of presentations, public speaking etc.
- Excellent communication, networking, and inter-personal skills;
- Innovative and creative thinking in relation to community mobilization, fundraising.
- Proven excellence in writing and editing skills in English;
- Good knowledge of computer tools.
- Presentation skills
- Independent professional to contribute to the overall goal of the SRCS;
- Flexible, willing to share information and to take up various tasks done in a small office;
- Manage all relationships inside plan and outside constructively, diplomatically and with
- Sense of responsibility;
- Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure;
- Willingness to travel.
- Interested qualified candidates are encouraged to send their C.V with cover letter to: email@example.com
- Application Deadline: 5th November 2020
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1267 total views, 24 today