1. Design and facilitate capacity building and training activities:
• Conduct a capacity assessment of the district development planning department staff in XXX and give recommendations on the gaps or overlaps identified
• In conjunction with the LGI, design and implement a capacity building program and ensure timely implementation of capacity building activities as well as timely reporting according to signed agreements with development partner.
• Provide district planning staff with the necessary on the job training to strengthen their capacities to ensure their implementation of Public Expenditure Management process.
• Support district planning staff in identifying the scope for increased community participation in the planning processes
• Design ToR for department staff as required through inclusive processes
• Facilitate and mentor department staff in the process of quality implementation by the district through development of relevant procedures, monitoring of compliance with these procedures, and seeking correctional action where needed
2. Design appropriate data collection tools, monitoring and evaluation approach and assist in their implementation and data analysis
• Provide an analytical framework for assessing local data collection and analysis
• Support district development planning department staff establish and maintain relevant data collection and analysis systems.
• Support district department staff to collect and synthesize data from other departments and institutions
• Support department staffs to update the District Development Framework (DDF) and support the annual district planning and budgeting based on the collected and analyzed data Support department staff to identify a set of parameters that will inform the development projects evaluation framework
• Support department staff to assess and overcome institutional boundaries that separate local governments, regional offices and community-based actors and organizations
• Design appropriate mechanism for increased community participation, including institutional set-up, tools, reporting lines and feedback mechanism
• Support district staff to manage and maintain in a transparent, efficient and sustainable manner the district projects and ensured projects are locally owned.
3. With the collaboration of Ministry of Interior and Local Government ensure the district development process links to the State and National Development Planning Processes.
• Support department staff to identify local actors and map out potential partners
• Outline key actions and policy requirements and establish priorities that ensure gender inclusivity, conflict prevention and mitigation at the district level.
• Support district staff to market the District Development Framework (DDF) as a development tool to international and local NGOs, Donors, and other UN Agencies
• Focus on technical and managerial capacity development of the district development planning department staff to decentralize/localize NDP and advocate for effective local development planning and implementation process aligned with National priorities and development objectives.
• Support district planning and other departments staff to engage the identified relevant local stakeholders and civil society organizations to implement DDF
• Ensure results from participatory impact assessment fed into appropriate national bodies
• Support district development planning department staff to conduct regular oversight of the Development Assistance Database system to ensure all the development projects going on /completed in the district are entered into the system for the public to view how development funds have been utilized for transparency and accountability
• Support department staff to monitor and report on the implementation of the annual development plan and budget and overall progress towards DDF and NDP priorities.