- Job category: Driver
- Post date:12 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
|Organizational unit||Resource Management|
|Appointment type||Three (3) months with possibility of extension|
|Reports directly to||Logistics Officer|
|Overall supervision||Area Manager|
|Number of direct reports||0|
|Estimated Start Date||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||25th November 2019|
|Budget line – Project code|
Welthungerhilfe is a non-profit organization headquartered in Germany that aims to reduce hunger and poverty. It has its ETH/SOM Regional Office in Addis and a Programme Office in Hargeisa, Somaliland. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing development projects in Somaliland since 2001. Multi-sectoral projects have been implemented in the Awdal, Marodijeh, Togdheer & Sanaag Regions for the past 18 years. Presently, Welthungerhilfe has implementing projects in Awdal and Marodijeh Regions focusing on Wash, environmental and agriculture projects. The projects are funded by The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development of the German Government (BMZ), GIZ and WFP.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Drive WHH vehicles and execute tasks as assigned by the Logistics Officer,
- Ensure the safety of passengers, cargo and vehicle and observe traffic rules and road discipline.
- Manage the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle to ensure roadworthiness before departure. This includes daily check of tires, brakes, engine oil, fan belt, etc. Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle at all times.
- Collect mail and deliver various documents as planned by the Logistics Officer,
- Fill in the inspection sheet of vehicle status and share with the Logistics Office,
- Report promptly any defects or malfunctioning of the vehicle that
requires immediate attention to the Logistics Officer,
- Ensure that incase of accident, supervisors are informed, and a police report is obtained. In no case should the driver accept responsibility.
- Maintain the vehicle, log sheet including the fuel status and oil changing always,
- Always follow the rules and regulations of driving WHH vehicles,
- Refuel the vehicle as required, keep the fuel tank half and above,
- Be prepared and willing to work night/weekend shifts/public holidays as requested and on regular basis,
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum High/Secondary School Education.
- A clean and valid Driving License (A and B class).
- At least five (5) years previous satisfactory (and accident free) driving experience after obtaining the driving license;
- Strong Auto-mechanical experience
- A Valid/current certificate of good conduct from the Somaliland Police;
- Good knowledge of routes within Hargeisa/surrounding environs and Somaliland traffic laws.
- Excellent customer service skills and able to communicate effectively in English
- Punctuality: Drivers are expected to get to their destination on time, thus being able to manage your time wisely.
- Mature, healthy with excellent eyesight and punctual with a good attendance record
- Flexible and willing to work for long hours,
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes with inflexible deadlines,
- Basic computer skills an added advantage,
- Reside in Hargeisa.
Fluency in English and Somali as an Advantage, Behavioural Competencies
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism – Displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of WHH.
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application (Cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of the email as “ Driver “ by no later than on 25th November 2019. All applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage of the selection process.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1961 total views, 2 today