Driver – Burao, Somaliland
- Job category: Driver
- Post date:14 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 7 days
- Share job:
For over 90 years, Save the Children has been making a difference in children’s lives in more than 120 countries. We are the world’s largest independent child rights organization. From emergency relief to long-term development, Save the Children secures a child’s right to health, education and protection. Save the
Children is an equal opportunity organization dedicated to our core values of Accountability, Ambition, Collaboration, Creativity and Integrity. We are looking to recruit for this position to be based in Burao
Duration: 6 Months
Duty Station: Burao
Please refer the below Job Description for the position description and the key selection criteria.
Interested candidates are required to submit a CV and mandatory cover letter quoting the Job Title on the subject line. The file name of the CV and attachments must be the applicants name and sent
to URL Link:
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications close on Saturday 23rd of January 2021. @ 11:59pm.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required.
Save The Children
|Driver – Burao Office|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Support team, Somaliland||LOCATION: Burao|
|GRADE: 6||POST TYPE: National|
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Under the direct guidance of Supply Chain Officer the Driver With the of guidance and supervision of the Supply Chain Assistant, periodically inspect the condition the vehicle, make sure that needed tools and facilities are maintained in the vehicle, ensure that the vehicle is regularly repaired/serviced, and ready for use at all times. Comply with insurance requirements at the time of accident and report the accident preferably in writing as soon as it happens. Drive safely at all times. Ensure that that all travellers wear their seatbelts. Keep logbook for all movements and report at the end of each month
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Supply Chain Assistant– Burao SL
Save the Children has worked in Somalia for over 60 years, since 1951. Our vision is that every child in Somalia and Somaliland attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. Save the Children has 650 staff across 14 field offices: Hargeisa, Burao and Borama in Somaliland; Bossaso, Garowe, Gardo and Galkayo in Puntland; Belet Weyne, Adaado, Abudwaq, Baidoa, Dhobley, Kismayo and Mogadishu in Central and South Somalia. Due to our long operational history and broad geographical coverage, we have established positive working relationships with key stakeholders, including national government, local authorities, donors, international and local NGOs, as well as the trust and acceptance of the communities themselves.
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Internal: All staff of SC in Somaliland and other field offices
External: Suppliers, Service providers, Government authorities.
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Maintains records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time;
· Ensures that, at all times, the vehicle is equipped with a functioning jack wheel brace, and approved tool kit, at least one spare wheel with properly inflated tyres and approved first aid kit;
· Before starting the vehicle’s engine each day, checks the level of engine oil, radiator, and windscreen washer water are adequate, etc;
· Ensure that the vehicle is kept clean, inside and outside, at all times and that the SCI stickers are visible.
· Observes all regulations and directions indicated in the vehicle management guideline of SC;
· Responsible for the safety and security of the passengers and the proper care and operation of the vehicle.
· Drives and maintains the vehicle in a professional, conscientious and safe manner obeying the local road traffic laws.
· To report any vehicle damage or malfunction to the Supply Chain Officer/Assistant as soon as possible.
· Act as head of drivers on the daily local movement operations and assist the rental drivers on proper logsheet records.
· Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our SCI Competencies in Practice)
Takes personal responsibility and holds others to account to deliver our ambitious goals for children, continually improving own performance or that of the team.
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Problem solving and decision making
Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation and making appropriate judgements.
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Stays with a problem or challenge until a solution is reached or no longer reasonably attainable.
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Demonstrates awareness of the wider external influences that impact on decision making
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
Working effectively with others
Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives. Knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Excellent communication (written and spoken Somali Language) skills including interpersonal skills
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
|CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES STATEMENT
Save the Children is committed to supporting performance based career progression for female employees.
|Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested and qualified applicants can view the profile and apply for this position through the below URLs:-
Closing Date will be 23rd January 2021.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
486 total views, 2 today