Driver – Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Driver
- Post date:9 Jan 2021
- Share job:
|Number of Position(s):||One (1) Position|
|Location:||Hargeisa, Somaliland- SONSAF Office|
|Duration of initial contract:||One (1) year|
|Reporting to||Administration and Logistics Officer|
Somaliland Non-State Actors forum SONSAF is a leading civil society platform that aims to engage all Somaliland Non-Stat actors by improving their capacity and position. Since its establishment in 2008, SONSAF’s mission and primary objective is to enhance non-state actor’s voice. Through better coordination and networking that contributes to helping non-state actors to possess a vibrant space in policy dialogue arena especially, peacebuilding, security, democratization, development sustainability and have concrete influence in formulating policies that address the needs of all citizens. Overall, civil society and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) have the power to influence individual behavior and the institutions that are involved in all development sectors.
SONSAF is awarded an eighteen-month project intitled ‘Peaceful Elections (PEACE)’. The eighteen months project is funded by the European Union and has two main objectives:
- Monitoring and reducing electoral tensions through Election Situation Room (ESR) across Somaliland and
- Increasing Women’s, youth and minorities participation in Somaliland’s electoral and governance processes in the pre-election, election and post-election periods
Under the overall guidance of the Administration and Logistics Officer the driver will be responsible for day today activities of the project ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner.
SONSAF is seeking Driver who is well versed in working with civil society organizations (NGOs)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive SONSAF’s vehicles for transporting authorized personnel only.
- The Driver is responsible for the routine check-up of the vehicles, including but not limited to oil, brake function, water, lights, tires and the overall maintenance of the vehicles.
- Confirm availability of vehicle tools and equipment before, during and after work.
- The Driver shall always maintain the assigned vehicles, in clean and good condition, for the use of high-profile passengers.
- conduct risks assessment at all times to ensure the safety of passengers.
- He/she shall carry only authorized passengers as per the organization policies on vehicle management.
- The driver shall strictly observe Traffic Rules and Regulations and maximum speed limit as prescribed by the Traffic Police in the nationwide.
- The driver shall at all time park the vehicles at the designated parking area/secure place with all doors and windows locked, and keys kept safe at all times.
- Check validity of vehicle road tax, license and Police inspection stickers.
- Report license expiry dates to the Administration and Logistics Officer on time to facilitate renewals.
- Logs all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes, greasing etc.
Required skills and Experience
- Minimum of Primary/Secondary Certificate.
- With valid driving license.
- Must have Somaliland National ID.
- Good communication, writing & interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a busy office preferable in NGO, and International Organizations.
- Well experienced in working in all Somaliland regions.
- Should be able to work in long hours occasionally.
- Must possess awareness of the defensive driving techniques/skills.
Submission: detailed CV with a cover letter will be submitted no later than 13st January 2021, at 4 pm. Email address: email@example.com, Office location: SONSAF is situated Masala Area, Next to Masalaha Hospital
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1717 total views, 1 today