ECONOMIC SECURITY NUTRITION FIELD OFFICER – KISMAYO
- Job category: Nutrition Specialist
- Post date:21 Feb 2020
- Share job:
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
ECONOMIC SECURITY NUTRITION FIELD OFFICER
About the Job
The Nutrition field officer contributes to the overall integration, implementation and management of the EcoSec nutrition activities across Somalia. Under the supervision of the Nutrition Delegate and the EcoSec Delegate in charge, the Nutrition Field Officer analyses the nutrition and economic security situation, integrates nutrition in the needs assessments and planned EcoSec interventions. He/she implements the programme for the treatment of Moderate Acute Malnutrition for children aged less than five years old, pregnant and lactating women.
This is a national/resident position based in Kismayo, Somalia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to monitoring of the food security and nutrition situation by highlighting and reporting on any rising food insecurity trends
- Ensures optimal integration of standard nutrition and food consumption tools and indicators
- Ensures quality food consumption and nutrition analysis at the field level
- Ensures that the nutrition component is well assessed by planning, designing the methodology, coordinating with other departments, conducting the actual assessment and preparing the analysis
- Constantly monitors all EcoSec food and nutrition products stored in the field to ensure optimal conditions for quality preservation
- Monitors all nutrition-sensitive activities and tracks the integrated nutrition indicators
- Trains enumerators including Somalia Red Crescent Society (SRCS) staff and volunteers on nutrition and food consumption tools
- Ensures the good implementation of the Targeted Supplementary Feeding Programme (TSFP) at the mobile and static SRCS clinics where there is an Out-Patient Treatment Programme (OTP)
- Ensures that Infant and Young Children Feeding (IYCF) and nutrition education session are implemented in the TSFP/OTP SCRC clinics and monitored
- Offers technical support to SRCS staffs during the implementation of the Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM) programme.
- Ensures that the re order levels are maintained for all nutritional products in the region for the treatment of Moderate Acute Malnutrition (MAM)
- Ensures that the SRCS staffs adhere to the Somali Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) protocol for the admission, treatment and discharge of MAM beneficiaries
- Supports in the integration of nutrition within EcoSec department in the sectors of agriculture, livestock, cash and markets at field level
- Supervises the food chain implemented by ICRC Health in the stabilization center and reports on the same
- Prepares the EcoSec assessment reports on nutrition and food consumption
- Reports on all on going activities and shares statistical data on a weekly basis
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- University Degree in nutrition, public health, nursing or equivalent qualification in a related field of study
- At least 5 years work experience in a similar field of activity
- Ability to design and implement SMART Nutrition Survey
- Strong facilitation, presentation and report writing skills
- Good knowledge of the political, social, economic and cultural environment of the region
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali language
- Computer proficiency especially in MS Office suite
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 5th March 2020. Clearly indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2713 total views, 1 today