Education Officers – Mogadishu, Badioa, Jowhar, Somalia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:1 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Scope of Work (SOW)
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
|I. General Information|
|Number of Positions (3)||3 (Benadir Regional Administration, Hirshabelle & Southwest Ministries of Education)|
|Project Name||Bar ama Baro (BAB) Project|
|Contract period||12 months|
|Location||Mogadishu, Badioa, Jowhar|
|Reporting lines||BAB Project Advisor at MOECHE and State MoE department of planning|
|II. Background Information|
The USAID/Somalia Bar ama Baro (BAB) Program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
|III. Position Summary|
Education officers will play a vital role in coordinating and implementing education and related activities for the BAB project and make sure quality and appropriate documentation is produced, collected and shared timely. The Education officers will work with the Benadir Regional Administration, Hirshabelle and Southwest MOEs.
|IV. Key responsibilities|
- Support the implementation of project activities in accordance with project objectives and set work plans.
- Prepare BAB project progress report and share in a timely manner.
- Work with ABE centers’ Head teachers and CECs to keep track on attendance and performance of the ABE students.
- Ensure that education needs of target group children including those who have special needs are met through quality education delivery.
- Keep updated data of the enrolment of ABE centers and data of engaged centers’ information.
- Support the field team to conduct regular field monitoring visits to assess progress on the ground and promote compliance by project impact and deliverables.
- Assist in writing, reviewing/editing of the completeness and accuracy of narrative success and impact stories for USAID and other stakeholders
- Organize and facilitate workshops, meetings, and wrote reports highlighting the challenges, opportunities and way forward.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the line manager.
|VI. Key Qualifications|
- University Degree in (social science, public Administration, development economics, Development Studies or a related discipline);
- Degree of Education will be given a preference.
- Minimum (3) three years of experience within the development / humanitarian sector – preferably with the education sector in Somalia
- Have a track record of designing and executing M&E tools and programs
- Well versed with the Somalia development agenda (NDP, ESSP)
- Well versed in international development and humanitarian challenges and opportunities in Somalia
- Experience in conducting M&E for ABE programs
- Excellent analytical, presentation, and reporting skills
- Proficiency in the use of computer software (Microsoft, power Point, Word Perfect, Outlook, excel and the internet)
|VII. Core Values & Critical Key Competencies|
Respect, Integrity, Commitment, Diversity, Stress Tolerance, communicating with Impact, Excellence and Building Partnerships.
|VII. How to Apply|
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for Education Officer. (based in Mogadishu, Baidoa or Jowhar).
Deadline 7th April 2021.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
4575 total views, 1 today