|Education Project Coordinator – (210007DV)
External Job Advert
Education Project Coordinator Location: Dire-Dawa with 50 Feild Travel
SC has been one of the leading non-governmental organizations (NGO) involved in providing school feeding and education materials through Norwegian government support in Afar and Somali regions since the 2015/16 academic year. SC also aims to strengthen the resilience of the education system through Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR), sustainable coordinated WASH planning at the school and district levels and district-level accountability. This recovery phase focuses on long-term development and building the capacity of school community and PTSA’s for sustaining and supporting 14,561 children targeted from 33 schools. This would also include supporting communities and schools with various student-led and community-supported DRR activities, school feeding and coordinated Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) support. The support fully complements SC’s ongoing Education in Emergency (EiE) efforts in addition to government responses in Somali region.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Job Responsibility 1: Project Management
- With the support and guidance of PM and EiE Advisor, lead the implementation of Save the Children’s education project activities within the Siti zone districts through provision of EiE services to the target children.
- Identify critical program gaps and vulnerabilities, and clarify roles, responsibilities and accountabilities to effectively address those gaps.
- Ensure quality in the programme by building capacity of the EiE officers through trainings, and providing trainings in pedagogy, psychosocial support, life skills etc. to teachers.
- Provide guidance to field-based education team on common standards, innovative strategies and approaches which ensure a capacity to address SC Commitments for Children in Emergencies, and reflect good practice in emergency education responses.
Job Responsibility 2: Human Resource Management
- Line management of the education project staff.
- Prepare performance objectives together with program staffs and give the necessary feedback, follow up and support to improve staff performance.
- Ensure the integration and harmonization of EiE team with other field office program and support staff.
Job Responsibility 3: Financial Management
- Ensure that project resources are efficiently utilized through continuous update on the DIP.
- Working with the PM prepare monthly budget forecasts, field payment schedules, procurement plan and work terms of references in line with SCI working documents.
- In close collaboration with PM review and analyse monthly budget versus actual reports and share feedbacks as required.
- Contribute Award Implementation Review (AIR) and align with budget lines
Job Responsibility 4: Coordination and networking
- Contribute education cluster platforms presenting SCI as required and sharing education 5W matrix
- Working closely with the PM and EiE Education Advisor, develop partnerships to leverage resources, ensure adequate coverage in the emergency response and early recovery phases, and ensure adequate funding consistent with SC resource mobilization strategy and emergency response plans
- Advocate for, and support, the development of sustainable, child-friendly and hazard-resistant standards and designs for learning centers, the integration of life skills into both formal and non-formal education, with a particular focus on Disaster Risk Reduction( DRR)
- Represent SC programme in the coordination at zonal and district levels; represent SC through Education cluster members as well as other thematic sector partners so as to ensure integrated responses.
- Job Responsibility 6: Monitoring and Supervision
- Update newly launched automated IPTT
- Establish project data recording using standard tools – baseline assessments, supervision checklists, attendance tracking, and routine monitoring tools.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate and effective program monitoring systems to enable assessment of both the emergency response process and impact and to ensure delivery of results for children.
- Prepare implementation reports, weekly, monthly or other periodical reports for SCI and funding partners.
- Reporting on progress and documentation of best practices.
- Support in development of communication materials, case studies and blogs.
- Ensure that all EiE officers adhere with project milestones and periodically update DIP and other essential working documents.
- Job Responsibility 7: Problem solving/conflict management
- Regularly scan environment and plan and address issues in timely manner
- Ensure effective communication and facilitate discussion among team members
- Timely communicate issues that need the attention of FoM, PM, HR and child safeguarding.
- Job Responsibility #8: Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ø Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of BA/BSc degree in the field of education from a recognized university with five years related experience preferably out of which three years working in international non-governmental organization. Previous experience working in INGO education programmes implemented in pastoral communities. Have basic training and proven experience on project cycle management including but not limited to skills in program and financial planning, M&E skills, education/ teaching-learning process technical skills, documentation and report writing, Must have strong coordination skill, partnership building skill, team building and conflict management skill, financial management (budget preparation and monitoring) Experience to manage big team especially in hardship environment and preferably experience of managing more than one million USD is annually. Dynamic, Self-starter and able to deliver on organizational goals with good communication and interpersonal skills Excellent understanding and prior work experience with the pastoralist communities is advantageous.
Proficient in the use of MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other relevant software; Must have excellent strong writing with excellent spoken and written English; Knowledge of Somali language is PLUS.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Dire-Dawa with frequantly feild Travel of Sitti Zone Somali Regional State in Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Location: Dire Dawa
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Oct 15, 2021
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs