Education Project Officer – Elbarde – Bakool, Somalia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:25 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Education Project Officer
|Organization||Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO)|
|Position Title||Education Project Officer|
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions and lower Shebelle effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization (GREDO) the organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
- Job Summary
The overall responsibility of the Education Project Officer is to support education activities with the Urban Program in the implementation of secondary, technical and vocational education, non-formal education and youth empowerment. The responsibility includes ensuring efficient and effective systems and processes are in place to implement program activities in accordance with donor requirements.
R1: Project Implementation
- Oversee the overall implementation of GREDO project activities in Elbarde.
- Oversee the construction/rehabilitation of secondary school facilities and TVET centers in the project area.
- Collaborate with other urban program activities for synergy in the implementation of project activities.
- Working with the program staff, MOE, and communities to identify target schools based on the assessment of need in all the districts of project operations.
- Design an overall operational plan for each region in consultation with the Regional Education Officers and District Education Officers, CECs and other stakeholders.
- Ensuring the implementation of WWI project promotes capacity building to the maximum degree possible with local communities, MOE, CBOs and government staff and agencies.
- The approval of school holidays that may be granted in accordance with the Regulations.
- Working with CECs, school heads and Ministry of health and MOE to promote life skills, hygiene and nutrition awareness among young learners especially girls in upper classes.
- Ensure that education program is implemented in close coordination with MOE and other actors of education projects
- Establish good working relationship with MOE at regional and district levels, teachers and CECs and ensure that they take the leading role in planning, managing and monitoring of project activities.
- Ensure that the requests for payments from the MOE are timely processed, sought approval from the program Coordinator and submitted to the finance officer.
- Work closely with the procurement officer to follow up the procurement process of the project goods and services.
R2. Partnership & Capacity Building
- Train, support and mentoring of education mentors, teachers and Community Education Committee (CECs) in order to ensure quality delivery of programs.
- Ensuring the implementation of WWI project promotes capacity building for local communities, MOE, CBOs and government staff and agencies.
- Training and capacity building of CECs to oversee the management and administration of project schools.
- To manage delegated budgets as require in liaison with the Area Manager to ensure that all project funds are spent in accordance with CARE and donor policies.
- To lead on the development and implementation of a memorandum of understanding between GREDO and CECs and review arrangements on a yearly basis in partnership with relevant CECs.
R3: Project Monitoring and review
- Collaborate with the regional and district officials of the MOE to oversee project implementation.
- Organize and participate in quarterly monitoring and evaluation of projects.
- Ensure that project/program monitoring and evaluation system/tools are applied and project progress (activities and outputs), results and immediate objectives (outcomes) and impacts are systematically tracked, documented and shared as appropriate on the basis of partner and donors’ requirements.
- Travel to project sites of Education program and conduct regular monitoring of projects together with MOE and project team.
- Ensure the participation of beneficiaries in M&E of project activities.
R4. Reporting and representation
- Ensure the timely production of quality monthly and quarterly reports by collating reports of different field locations into one report and submission to Education Manager.
- Document programme learning and disseminate lessons learned to key stakeholders in the field.
- Prepare reports on each field visit conducted and submit to the report to Project Manager or other key management staff.
- Prepare case studies and success stories in the course of your work with the project.
- Represent GREDO in all relevant forums, stakeholders such as local authorities, community leaders, representatives of NGOs, UN agencies and government issues related to education sector.
5.1 Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager or other key management staff.
- To bring to the notice of the Project Manger any discrepancies, serious incidents or any urgent information which may need serious consideration regarding day to day program activities
- To fulfill any additional assignments as deemed necessary by the organization.
- Perform other related tasks as requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Account for GREDO’s assets and interests and safeguard from loss arising from fraud, waste, weak administration and poor value for money
- Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way, which reflects GREDO’s commitment to delivering service to the needy beneficiaries.
III. Decision- Making authority
- Key Relationship /contacts
GREDO sub – Office staff
Staff of other GREDO projects
Line ministries –education and labour and youth affairs.
Local partner organizations
- Direct Reports
- Working Conditions
Based in Elbarde and requires substantive travel to project sites covering all the regions of South West State.
- University degree in social sciences or any other related field.
- At least 4 years working experience with INGOs in Education
- Strong command of English
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good computer skills MS and Excel
- An individual with initiatives and strong team work skills
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups
- Establish courses of action for self and others to ensure work completed efficiently and effectively
NB: All applicants should drop a letter of application with updated CV (including 3 Professional referees) to email@example.com and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application is Friday 07/05/2021
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
——- FOLLOW US — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1397 total views, 7 today