Education Project Officer – Galkaio
- Job category: Education
- Post date:4 Jan 2020
- Job expires in: 4 hours
- Share job:
|JOB TITLE: Education Project Officer|
|TEAM/PROGRAMME: Education||LOCATION: Puntland, Galkaio|
|GRADE: 4||TYPE OF CONTRACT: National|
|CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people|
SCI will undertake third phase of the UNHCR funded project “Provision of Education Assistance to Refugees and Asylum Seekers in Bossaso, Gardo, Garowe, Galkaio”. And implementation cycle will endure from 1st January to 31st December, 2020 with the intention to address the educational needs of 2,850 refugees and asylum seekers children.
In order to strengthen the implementation of the education programme in the targeted regions, SCI intends to recruit an Education Project Officer. The post holder will support the planning process, implementation and monitoring of project to promote safe and quality learning environment, supportive schools and communities that increase vulnerable and marginalized children’s participation in education, their retention and transition into formal education.
Specifically, the Project Officer will support Education Project Manager to ensure that the objectives/results of the agreed education projects are met to the satisfaction of the Refugees and Asylum seekers beneficiaries, Ministry of Education and higher education (MOE&HE), SCI and UNHCR. S/he will also serve as the technical resource person at regional and district level for planning and execution of project
The job demands frequent interaction with and provision of technical support to SCI partners at regional and district level including NGOs, Regional Education Offices, District Education Offices mentors, teachers and teacher training institutes.
As a member of the primary education programme team, the Project Officer shall report to the Education Project Manager and will:
· Assist the Education Project Manager in the Design, Management, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation of basic education project activities
· Represent SCI externally with relevant technical working groups at Regional and District levels and work closely with other education counterpart partners in planning with the Education Project Manager
· Take part in the development of strategies and policies for effective education programming in the specified technical area.
· Provide technical support to REO/DEO officers and schools administrators on related refugees education matters
· Work closely with Refugees and Asylum Seekers Community Committee (RASCC)
· Process monthly school fees with all supported documents as per signed MoUs with schools.
|SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Education Project Manager
Dimensions: work with Refugees and Asylum seekers in Mudug region
Staff reporting to this position: One Project Assistant
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
· Support Education Manager in the preparation of project proposals, implementation plans including monitoring tools
· Undertake assessments and analysis on basic education, partner capacity, community participation, other forms of education etc. within the Region and the Districts, and gain an understanding of the issues affecting the lives of children in the area.
· Contribute towards the Education section of the area strategic plan, which highlights the purpose of SCI’s education work in terms of addressing the needs of children, and which relates to the country strategic plan.
· Plan and organize regular monitoring and supervision of primary schools, ABE centres and regional education offices
· Provide support to regional education offices in the process of selection and induction of children eligible for education assistance
· Facilitate refresher training of teachers, targeted awareness raising workshops and community sensitization meetings on processes on enrolling eligible children to the schools
· Ensure timely procurement, development, distribution and utilization of textbooks, supplementary reading materials, educational materials and equipment to schools.
· Take part in the selection of schools that can deliver quality education to refugees and asylum seekers children in Galkaio
· Assist the PM with planning and developing of monitoring and evaluation tools
· Participate in establishment of quality monitoring system and follow up with education improvement actions agreed with schools
· Regularly monitor implementation of provision free education assistance to refugees and Asylum seekers by Save the Children with funding of UNHCR
· Organize and carry out project review meeting as planned.
· Document best practice and lessons learnt from the implementation of the primary education project activities as well as the emergency response projects.
· Identify, verify and report key issues in partnered schools and prepare response plan to address such issues
Under the guidance of the EPM:
· Assist EPM in developing timely and high quality project progress, monitoring and completion reports that meet donor and SCI requirements.
· Identify operational/technical and management problems arising during the implementation of the project activities and report to the responsible line manager to ensure timely action is taken
· Produce timely project quarterly monitoring reports and ensure its documentation and dissemination to concerned bodies
General statements of responsibility
· Perform other related tasks as requested by immediate supervisor.
· Comply with all Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, fraud, whistle blowing, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
· Account for SCI’s assets and interests and safeguard from loss arising from fraud, waste, weak administration or poor value for money
· Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children in accordance the Child Protection Policy.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Delivering Results (Skilled)
· Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
· Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
· Plans, prioritises and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
· Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Problem Solving & Decision Making (Skilled)
· Gathers the right information and uses critical thinking to make effective and timely decisions
· Knows when to involve others in a decision
· Simplifies processes and procedures wherever possible
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled)
· Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
· Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
· Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively with Others (Skilled)
· Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
· Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
· Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximise impact
Communicating with Impact (Skilled)
· Actively listens and seeks to understand before being understood
· Ensures communications are concise and well-structured
· Shares appropriate relevant and timely information with others
· Prepares effectively for meetings
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1482 total views, 17 today