Education Specialist, Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Education
- Post date:15 Sep 2021
- Share job:
Somalia Bar ama Baro, BAB “Teach or Learn” Program
Position Title: Education Specialist
Position Location: Mogadishu, Somalia with frequent travel within Somali Regions.
Employment Term: Life of the Project
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID/Somalia Bar Ama Baro program works to increase access to quality education for a targeted number of out-of-school children and youth (ages 8-15) in specific regions of Somalia. The Program will work to increase student enrollment in alternative education program sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy, and socio-emotional skills among the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the Federal Government of Somalia’s capacity to regulate them.
The core function of this position is to implement program activities at the project level under the USAID- funded, Accelerated Quality Learning for Somali Children and Youth program. The Education Specialist will lead all the project planning and implementation activities within program targeted communities around educational center, ensuring the participation of community members in decision making, as well as project key messages. Part of this role will include provide information and analyses towards the development of strategies for the education sector in BAB and Ministry level in consultation with relevant government. Provide coordination role, reporting, monitoring on the component deliverables toward the project achievement.
- Work closely with the program coordinator and other technical team in defining the project scope and in development of the work breakdown structure, to facilitate decision making for project implementation through Partners.
- Coordinate with the implementing partners and consolidate training reports conducted by partners
- Support the education officers /project officers at field level activity implementation
- Support the Ministry of education officials and project partners staff during coaching of teachers
- Support Local Partners for Implementation strategies and work plan development
- Lead, identify, develop, implementation of project strategies and work plans to support with partners.
- Support BAB implementing partners and update the project team on the progress in the field.
- Contribute to data collection/verification for Results Framework and Results Report.
- Develop relevant presentation in the representation of the program team
- Assist with the communications, feedback monitoring and evaluation framework`s effectiveness and establish facilitation role for project start up under the guidance for Regional Project coordinator.
- Participate and contribute to internal and external events and training on the education sector
- Lead community mobilization approach design, development, and implementation in coordination with the respective district authorities, clan leaders, religious leaders and elders at district level.
- Monitor community mobilization activity performance in the field with reference to indicators including increased community awareness, increased enrolment of program target groups of children to programme supported centres.
- Provide regular updates and report to program coordinator on the progress of implementation.
- Support with administrative and other tasks, as needed by the Deputy Chief of Party and BAB Technical Team.
Reporting & Supervision: The Education Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party and have line management with Program Coordinator, Chief of Party and other BAB technical team.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Master`s/ Bachelor’s degree of Education, social science, development Studies, or related field.
- At least five (5) year of experience in Education management role with highly demanding activities with minimum of 3 years’ experience specific to Education.
- Knowledge of current national and international strategies on access, equity, and quality education policies and models.
- Have previous work with governmental institution (particularly education sector)
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects.
- Experience of working with local/national governments and capacity building of systems, partners.
- Ability to write quality narrative reports
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets
- Must be able to engage positively and productively with a diverse population of team members, stakeholder and government counterparts.
- Must be professionally fluent in written and spoken Somali language and English.
- Must have a valid Somali passport, or at least valid Somali national ID card and work permit, or obtain within 90-days of contract signing, to facilitate living and working in Somali and work- related travel throughout BAB Program area of implementation
- Must be willing to travel to the project target locations/ remote areas.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resume & cover letter to Recruitment@crea-bab.com
With the subject line indicating Application for Education Specialist.
Deadline 25, September 2021.
Only selected candidate will be contacted.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2361 total views, 5 today