Election ICT Manager
- General Information
|Post/Title||Election ICT Manager|
|Reports to:||Director of Electoral Operations|
|Employer||National Independent Electoral|
|Date of issue||5/11/2019|
|Deadline for application||12/11/2019|
National Independent Electoral Commission (NIEC) Constitute a Commission which is established on Article 111G of the provisional constitution of the Federal Republic of Somalia, its mandate is organizing, conducting, and monitoring elections of districts, regional, national, Public referendum and regulating and monitoring Political Parties
- Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for managing the Somalia’s National Electoral Independent Commission (NIEC) information communication technology consisting of ICT and GIS units and personnel. This position will coordinate all elections- ICT related project phases from development to implementation.
- Main responsibilities of the Job
- Develop and ensure the implementation of information and communication technology strategies in line with the Commission’s strategy.
- Develop accountability structures, supervise periodic reporting and projects and monitor the performance indicators for the ICT officers.
- Develop ICT plans in coordination with other directorates and departments.
- Develop and coordinate the implementation of business continuity plans in line with the Commission’s strategy and operations.
- Oversee the contracting and management of ICT and related service providers.
- Oversee the development of user training programmes and materials; and the coordination of ICT training initiatives.
- Coordinate the provision of timely information communication technology services to other departments and regional states offices.
- Ensure the directorate is adequately resourced by professional and competent personnel
- Work closely with supply chain team during the procurement of voter registration kits operational and security systems, software and licenses to ensure they meet the requirements of the Institution Oversee the development of user training programs and material, and the coordination of ICT training initiatives
- Coordinate the deployment of timely information communication technology services to other directorate and regional offices
- Ensure availability of up to date security software and applications
- Supervise performance of contracted services and system and ensure management of ICT and related service providers
- Ensure technology is accessible to all staff and they are equipped with current technology available both at headquarter office and regional offices
- Ensure effective provision of ICT services at the service desk for Election Process
- Coordinate the activities of the Service Desk, first level and second level support on day to day and during the Elections.
- Co-ordinate the provision of ICT support at the regional offices in liaison with the Regional ICT Officers
- Be accountable for the all IT Service Management processes including Incident Management, Problem Management, Event Management, Request Fulfilment and the Service Desk function.
- Manage the required standards for the data Centre, Server infrastructure, environment and security and ensure documentation and compliance to ensure availability and reliability of systems.
- Manage the change (controls and configuration updates) processes for data Centre infrastructure and applications as per defined policies to ensure compliance
- Carry out continuous capacity evaluation and planning for the data Centre infrastructure and implementation of necessary expansion and consolidation to ensure availability and cut costs.
- Minimize the adverse impact of Incidents and Problems on the business that are caused by errors within the ICT Infrastructure, and to prevent recurrence of Incidents related to these errors
- Academic Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Software engineering or an equivalent from a recognized university
- Work experience
4 years’ experience after University Graduation in the areas of IT Services and Project Management
- Knowledge and skills
- High Computer literacy
- Knowledge of relevant legislations
- Electoral planning
- Information management
- Project planning and management
- Organization skills
- Excellent oral and written in communication in Somali and English
- Application/Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Copies of certificates and other supporting documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their documents to the following link: https://niec.so/en/jobs . The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information you submitted. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure completeness. Note that the closing date for application is 12/11/2019 12:00pm midnight.
“NIEC is an equal opportunity employer”
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2512 total views, 1 today