Election Security Advisor / Senior Security Advisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Advisor
- Post date:11 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 6 days
- Share job:
|JSSGP TERMS OF REFERENCE|
|Post Title||Election Security Advisor / Senior Security Advisor|
|Institution and unit||Ministry of Internal Security (MOIS)|
|Name of Supervisor||Director General|
|· As Election Security Advisor, provides support and advice to the Ministers and MOIS Executive Group for MOIS oversight of all election security planning and implementation.
· As MOIS Senior Security Advisor, provides strategic security advice and support to the Ministers and DG in the development of core executive and governance functions
· As de facto lead JSSGP Advisor, provides oversight of all JSSGP-funded advisors and their outputs.
|· ESTF functioning and effective, and meeting regularly, with full attendance, and detailed election security plans developed with the SPF, stakeholders and international partners.
· Ministerial Election Security policies developed and published.
· Ministerial governance processes developed and functioning – specifically the Ministerial Oversight Committee and Strategic Leadership Board
· Production of the MOIS Strategic Plan
|· Internal weekly report to MOIS Lead Advisor(s) on progress of previous week, and action plan for the following week.
· External monthly report to MOIS/UNDP monthly, covering project progress, milestone achievement, key issues, risks identification/assessment and risk mitigation.
|Qualifications and competencies|
|Education: Postgraduate (MA/MSc) degree, preferably in Strategic Studies, International Relations, Security studies, International Law management or related field.
Experience: At least five years of work experience in the fields of defense, security, policing or other national law enforcement, including in the areas of election security strategy and/or police management.
· IT competencies in Word, Excel, Email and coms such as WhatsApp and Zoom/or similar meeting tools.
· Fluent in written and spoken Somali. Highly proficient in written and spoken English
· No criminal record or evidence of any criminal or terrorist associations.
· Conscientious and self-motivated with an ability to work as a team member and on own initiative.
· Ability to work as a part of a multidisciplinary team.
· Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity.
· Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their CV along with their application letter and Certificates
Via e-mail to JSSGPjobs@gmail.com /firstname.lastname@example.org so no later than 20/0 1/2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
915 total views, 48 today