Electoral Security Coordinator
- General Information
|Post/Title||Electoral Security Coordinator|
|Reports to:||Director of Electoral Operations|
|Employer||National Independent Electoral|
|Date of issue||05/11/2019|
|Deadline for application||12/11/2019|
National Independent Electoral Commission (NIEC) Constitute a Commission which is established on Article 111G of the provisional constitution of the Federal Republic of Somalia, its mandate is organizing, conducting, and monitoring elections of districts, regional, national, Public referendum and regulating and monitoring Political Parties
- Purpose of the Job
This position is responsible for coordination in all security services for electoral operations and commission activities.
- Role and responsibilities of the Job:
- Develop strategies for the commission on best ways to encourage collaboration across the National and regional security sectors.
- Provide security analysis, enabling it to develop the ability to undertake continuous election security risk assessments and promote appropriate risk mitigation strategies in partnership with Electoral Security Taskforce and other relevant stakeholders;
- Coordinate NIEC’s inputs in providing analysis on the electoral security process; specifically focusing on developing strategies, plans, techniques and methods to avoid electoral security challenges and violence.
- Undertake analyses regularly in support of NIEC’s early warning capabilities and development of appropriate mitigation strategies;
- Coordinate and contribute to the development and implementation of security procedures, plans and operating structures on elections, including information and reporting systems;
- Provide NIEC’s mechanisms to counter violence and harassment against women in elections;
- Identifying election security risks and designing contingency plans, while paying particular attention to the specific needs of vulnerable groups such as women, IDPs, people with disabilities and marginalized communities;
- Prepare regular election security updates/briefings for sharing with electoral operations director and relevant counterparts to ensure information sharing;
- Provide technical inputs enabling NIEC to raise awareness on the requirements of electoral processes that are transparent, credible and promote inclusive participation; promote public participation in electoral processes, targeting vulnerable groups with activities that enable them to exercise their right to vote; Perform other duties as assigned;
- Academic Qualification
- Bachelor Degree in Political Science, Conflict Resolution, Security studies, or other relevant fields.
- Work experience
4 years experience after university graduation in pubic sector security systems, operations coordination and information management
- Knowledge and skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills, and a passion for his/her work;
- Fluency in English and Somali languages, both written and spoken;
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, be diplomatic and partner with stakeholders and international teams;
- Self-motivated and driven individual with a proven ability to work both independently and with a team to achieve goals, prioritize work, implementing structure and clarity to a process/program;
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use office technology equipment, IT tools;
- Ability to think critically and strategically in difficult conditions to diplomatically challenge the status quo and encourage shared ownership of outcomes;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a conflict environment;
- Respect for gender equality and proven ability to integrate this in tasks carried out
- Application/Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Copies of certificates and other supporting documents.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants should send their documents to the following link: https://niec.so/en/jobs . The screening of your application will be conducted based on the information you submitted. Before applying, we strongly suggest that you review your profile to ensure completeness. Note that the closing date for application is 12/11/2019 12:00pm midnight.
“NIEC is an equal opportunity employer”
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1281 total views, 1 today