Emergency Health Project Officer – Herale district, Galgadud region
- Job category: Health/WASH
- Post date:12 Jan 2020
- Share job:
Emergency Health Officer – (190004K5)
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Jan 22, 2020
Emergency Health Project Officer – Herale district, Galgadud region Somali Nationals Only
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Under the general guidance of the Health project manager, the Health officer will take the overall responsibility of the day-to-day implementation of the emergency health project activities in their respective areas by leading the coordination of health activities with the staffs at the health facilities and working closely with the IDP health management team
Contract Duration: 10 Months with the possibility of extension
Location: Herale and Adado- Somalia
Qualifications and Experience
· Qualified Nurse or Public Health [Master’s degree in a relevant course is an added value]
· More than (1) year experience in primary health care implementation
· Experience in Southern states health programmes and the overall country health system
· Experience in working with community health workers
· Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
· Experience of living and traveling in remote and insecure place
· Understanding rights based approaches and participatory concepts and practical experience in similar context.
· Sensitive to issues affecting children and committed to Save the Children’s Child Safe Guarding policy.
· Master’s degree in Public Health with strong communication skills
· Experience with Essential package of health care services (EPHS)
· health interventions in the region
· Experience with international NGOs
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
Applications will be closed on 22nd Jan 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1083 total views, 3 today