Environmental and Social Risk Management Officer for Gargaara Company – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Agriculture/Environment/Farming
- Post date:13 Oct 2021
- Job expires in: 2 days
- Share job:
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OF SOMALIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (REOI)
Country: Federal Government of Somalia (FGS)
Name of the Project: Somalia Capacity Advancement, Livelihood and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Project (SCALED-UP),
Assignment Title: Environmental and Social Risk Management Officer for Gargaara Company
Project ID: P168115
Deadline Date: October 28 , 2021
Ref No. MoF/SCALED-UP/EOI/2021/0017
The Ministry of Finance of the Federal Government of Somalia (FGS) through World Bank supported Somalia Capacity Enhancement, Livelihoods and Entrepreneurship, through Digital Uplift Program (SCALED-UP). The overarching Project Development Objective (PDO) for this project is to “support progress toward increased access to basic digital financial and government services targeting entrepreneurship and employment, particularly for women.”
World Bank financing to Gargaara Company under SCALED-UP for on-lending to participating financial institutions. This represents the first step in creating a Somali entity with a commercial orientation that can act as a platform to crowd-in additional investments of private capital from international sources including other DFIs to advance MSME banking in Somalia. Gargaara Company Limited will also be receiving support from IFC on how to manage transactions and attract private sector investors to support increased private investment in Gargaara and expanded access to finance for Somali MSMEs in productive sectors and supporting sustainable jobs.
MoF intends to apply part of the proceeds for payment services of Environmental and Social Risk Management Officer for Gargaara Company Limited.
- Responsibilities: The ESRM Officer will be responsible for the organization and implementation of environmental and social risk management activities for the Gargaara MSME Financing Facility, working closely with the Participating Financial Intermediaries (PFI) Project Implementation Unit (PIU) for SCALED-UP. This will be a hands-on role which will see the ESRM Officer as the front-end, guiding and assessing performance on environmental and social risk management, as well as developing and implementing Gargaara’s environmental and social risk management approaches.
All other specific tasks detailed in in the Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment that can be found at the following website: www.moct.gov.so and link https://moct.gov.so/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/ToR-Environmental-and-Social-Risk-Management-Officer.pdf or can be provided upon submission of application in person or by e-mail. The email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Duration: The proposed duration for the assignment is twelve (12) calendar months from start date.
- Selection Criteria:
The selection shall be based on qualification, experience and skills of the candidate and followed by an interview. The qualifications, experience and competencies include:
- Master’s degree or above in Environment, Social Science, Engineering, or related field
- 5 years of experience in a role with responsibilities for environmental and/or social risk management
- Practical experience in Environmental and Social management and assessment; experience in working with a financial institution and experience in multiple business sectors (livestock, energy, agribusiness, retail, manufacturing etc)
- Experience and familiarity with the world bank ESF ESS, IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Environmental, Health and Safety [EHS] Guidelines
- Proven ability to advise and support project environmental and social assessment and preparation, contractual and financial elements of development project delivery, and experience of all stages of investment program identification, specific technical sector program design and documentation, and implementation experience
- Ability to develop and maintain effective interaction with high-level government officials, project management offices and PFI officers, and international and national consultants
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and communication skills, ability to work in English and in Somali is essential
- Working experience of the World Bank Group’s Operational Procedures
- Experience working in conflict-affected countries, including Somalia
- Knowledge of local dynamics and the legal system is an advantage
- Experience in the financial sector
- The Ministry of Ministry of Finance now invites eligible consulting (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the above-mentioned Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services and furnish the Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- 6. Attention of interested Consultants is drawn to section III, para 3.14,3.16 & 3.17 of the World Bank’s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers: Procurement in Investment Projects Financing Goods, Works, Non -Consulting and Consulting Services dated in November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- 7. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant method set out in the World Bank Procurement Regulations.
- Interested Consultant may obtain further information (in person or by e-mail) at the address below during office hours from 8.00 a.m.– 4.00 p.m. Saturday to Thursday except on public holidays.
- Deadline for submission: Expressions of interest should be delivered in a written form to the address below by e-mail marked with the subject title of the position by October 28, 2021 at 4.00 p.m. local Time.
Attention; the Procurement Specialist
SCALED UP Project
Ministry of Finance
Federal Government of Somalia
Email Address: email@example.com
CC this e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2045 total views, 34 today