Executive Director – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:27 Mar 2021
- Job expires in: 2 days
- Share job:
Title of the position: Executive Director
Reports to: Board of Directors
Duration of the contract: 12 months (renewable)
Expected Starting Date: 1st June 2021.
Duty station: Mogadishu, with frequent visits to field offices
Development Action Network (DAN) Somalia which was founded in 2006 is a voluntary, non-governmental, non-political, non-partisan and non-profit making organization, flexible and committed to provide programs answering to the community’s basic needs relevant to the current situation in Somalia. DAN serves all citizens without discrimination in terms of origin, race, color or creed which mirrors the purpose of inception and existence of the organization. Economic and social growth of the communities constitute the major focus of our work in Somalia. The organization attaches a high premium in strengthening the capacity of local communities and institutions as the most sustainable way of overcoming ignorance, diseases, hunger, poverty, injustice and inequality, within a do-no-harm principle.
Overall responsibility of the position:
The Executive Director is responsible for managing DAN, representing DAN with all relevant actors within and outside Somalia, leading the work of DAN to deepen DAN’s relationship with Donors, Government of Somalia, International partners, Somalia-based partners, and actively influencing decision-makers on issues that are relevant to DAN’s operations in Somalia. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
The executive director will be expected to perform the following:
- Board Governance: Works with the board of directors to fulfill the organization mission.
- Responsible for leading DAN in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board.
- Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other revenues necessary to support DAN’s mission.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity and management of DAN.
- Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that DAN successfully fulfills its Mission and vision.
- Responsible for the enhancement of DAN’s image with community, government institutions, donors and partners.
- Organization Operations: Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff.
- Responsible effective administration of DAN operations.
- Master’s degree in Social Science, Development studies or relevant area.
- Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience.
- High level strategic thinking and planning.
- Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers, and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and lead a team of multi-skilled staff.
- Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
How to Apply
Apply by sending your CV and Letter of Motivation addressed to the Human Resource on this email address email@example.com. Indicate the subject line with the position title (Executive Director) no later than 20th April, 2021.
To see a full job description, please visit our website at www.dan.ngo
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1198 total views, 2 today