Federal Member States (FMS) Resilience Focal Point – Jubaland, Somalia
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:29 Oct 2020
- Share job:
|Position title||Federal Member States (FMS) Resilience Focal Point|
|Place of performance||Jubaland, Somalia|
|Duration||up to 9 months (@26days/month)|
|Qualification||Master’s degree in International Relations, Development Studies, Public Administration, Project Management, Economics, Business Administration or related fields OR Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience in lieu of Master’s Degree..|
|Sector experience||Minimum of 6 years of demonstrable relevant Project Management experience and/or minimum of 6 years of demonstrable relevant Project Coordination experience.|
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 6 year of experience in Africa (essential).|
|Language||Fluency in English and Somali are essential.|
|CTG Overview||CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
|Overview of position||
– Master’s Degree in International Relations, Development Studies, Public Administration, Project Management, Economics, Business Administration or related fields OR Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years of experience in lieu of Master’s Degree.
– Proficiency in Somali is critical.
– Proficiency in written & spoken English is critical.
– Demonstrable knowledge of & experience with the Somalia DINA is a requirement.
– A minimum of 6 years of experience in planning, project management, coordination of programs in post conflict areas & other relevant fields.
– Experience in the following thematic areas: NDP of Somalia, DRR, strategic planning in post conflict countries.
– Knowledge of the context, social, economic & political environment of Somalia.
– Proven networking & coordination experience.
– Ability to work with multiple stakeholders from a wide range of disciplines & fields, from both Resilience Technical Secretariat at the FGS level, other focal points from different FMS.
– Ability to conduct data analysis using various methods. Ability to apply judgment in the context of assignments given, plan own work & manage conflicting priorities. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges, remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives & ensuring the equal participation of women & men in all areas of work.
– Speaks & writes clearly & effectively, exhibits interest in having 2 way communication, demonstrates openness in sharing information & keeping people informed.
– Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals, shares credit for team accomplishments & accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings & overall responsibilities.
– Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies, identifies priority activities & assignments, adjusts priorities as required, allocates appropriate amount of time & resources for completing work, foresees risks & allows for contingencies when planning, adjusts plans & actions as necessary, uses time efficiently.
– Takes ownership of all responsibilities & honors commitments, delivers outputs for which 1 has responsibility within prescribed time
– Ability to think critically & strategically in difficult conditions to diplomatically challenge the status quo & encourage shared ownership of outcomes.
– Commitment to ensuring that knowledge transfer & capacity building is central in the work.
– Excellent interpersonal communication, relationship building & networking skills.
– Ability to work under pressure & meet tight deadlines in a conflict environment. Proven organizational & interpersonal skills & ability to work in a multicultural team environment.
– Essential computer skills in particular competency in the use of Windows MS Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.).
– Results driven & initiative taking behavior.
– Ability to plan & organize work & establish priorities.
– Remains calm & in control even under pressure & consistently approaches work with energy, positive & constructive attitude.
– Informed, sound & transparent decision making skills.
– Meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
– Good interpersonal & networking skills.
– Ability to establish & maintain effective working relations colleagues & seniors.
– Supports & encourages open communication in the team & facilitates team work.
– Ability to work under minimum supervision.Team management
This role has not team management responsibility.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply for this role.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1579 total views, 1 today