Female Internship Programme – Administration
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:12 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Career Opportunities: Female Internship Programme – Administration, Bossaso (108124)
Africa, Central & Eastern – Somalia – Bosasso – Working Job Language (2) – ADMINISTRATION
Date of Issue: 7th November 2019 Closing Date: 21st November 2019
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every single day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Internship Programme is a learning opportunity aimed at attracting young and talented candidates/students in Somalia. The programme will provide selected candidates/students with the opportunity to supplement their academic knowledge with a practical work assignment in a field related to the work of WFP. This will promote better understanding of WFP Somalia’s mandate and programmes. Similarly, the programme will provide WFP with qualified individuals specializing in relevant fields in line with WFP’s Strategic Objectives and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
WFP Somalia’s activities include food assistance for relief, school feeding, safety nets, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers. The intern will work with the Administration team under the direct supervision of the Finance/Administration Officer and overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office.
This position is open to qualified female Somali nationals only and are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain incoming and outgoing mail registry;
• Supervise fueling vehicles and generators, receive and record fuel movement;
• Receive and dispatch Non-food items (NFIs);
• Receive all invoices for support services and ensure their completeness;
• Receive and process Guest House bookings for WFP guests;
• Receive and assist in processing Travel Expense Claims;
• Raise manual Purchase Requisitions for Non-Food Items where necessary;
• Keep track of utilities, water, fuel, and update contracts and leases log;
• Assist in preparing monthly attendance report with daily attendance sheets;
• Make logistical arrangements for meetings and workshops and ensure timely payment to suppliers;
• Process protocol documents to obtain visa, licenses, permits for non-Somali nationals and custom clearances for NFIs.
• Assist in maintaining accurate records and files within the area of work;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Upon completion of the assignment, the intern will have:
• Understanding of international development and humanitarian principles including WFP’s operations, specifically in Somalia
• Obtained skills in planning, coordination and partnering that include multiple internal and external stakeholders
• Gained skills in standard administrative procedures, principles and policies required for international humanitarian support services.
Education: The internship programme is open to candidates who meet one of the following criteria:
(i) Enrolled in an undergraduate programme (f.eg. a Bachelor’s degree) or a graduate programme (f.eg. a Master’s degree) at a recognized university, studying in administration or another related field. Candidates must have completed at least two years of the programme and have attended classes in the past 12 months; OR
(ii) Recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate programme at a recognized university in administration or another related field.
Knowledge & Skills: Knowledge (academic or practical) in any of the following areas is desirable: administration or another related field. Basic computer skills and use of Microsoft Office packages such as word and excel are essential.
Language: Working knowledge of English and Somali is a requirement.
Terms and Conditions:
• Upon selection, a proof of enrolment stating that you are currently enrolled in a course of study and your expected date of graduation and if you have graduated, a certified copy of your degree.
• Interns will receive a monthly stipend from WFP.
• WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, travel to and from the WFP internship location, necessary visas and related costs.
Applicants are required to submit online applications through E-recruitment.
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WFP seeks applicants of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The selection of candidates is made on a competitive basis.
APPLY NOW: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=C0000168410P&career_job_req_id=108124&career_ns=job_listing&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1320 total views, 2 today