Field Logistics and Admin officer – Kismayo
- Job category: Logistics/Supply Chain
- Post date:15 Jan 2020
- Share job:
Title: Field Logistics and Admin officer
Location: Kismayo, Somalia
Employee Category: Full Time
Start of Contract: February 2020
Duration: 6 months (renewable)
Since its foundation in 1968, GRT (Group for Transcultural Relations) has been working with socially marginalized groups and individuals by setting up protection mechanisms in order to promote social inclusion.
GRT is active in Somalia/Kenya since 1996, where the main fields of intervention are: Community Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS), Protection (GBV and Street Children) and (forced) Migrations, being expression of GRT’s core areas of expertise.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Field Logistics and Admin officer will be responsible for the overall Admin and Financial Activities in GRT Kismayo Field Office.
With technical and managerial support from GRT Somalia Field Coordinator and the Regional Office, the administrator will ensure that programme’s goals and objectives are met in a timely and effective manner.
- To act as an admin in GRT Kismayo office;
- Managing the budget allocated to GRT activities in line with GRT policies and practices, under Puntland Coordinator supervision.
- Keeping the organization’s cash books and assist in the facilitation of the cash flow
- Keeping/filing the records of the organization
- Approving expenses;
- Handling and accounting of petty cash
- Ensure the smooth and proper operation of GRT by effectively managing all financial and administration matters.
- Maintain a systematic filling and record keeping of all financial documents.
- Prepare monthly payroll and other schedules of monthly dues and obligations. Prepare monthly pay slip.
- Examine documents and receipts from the field to ensure their accuracy and completeness.
- Coordinate with other external agencies e.g. bank, government supplier, etc.
- Able to follow and enforce GRT financial and administrative procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all local government financial reporting, taxation and labor regulations
- Deal with personnel matters such as engagement and termination of staff, employment contracts and labor law compliance
- Coordinate activities of local staff as directed by line manager
- Carry out any other duty as assigned to by GRT management
- Briefing on a daily basis to GRT Puntland coordinator.
- Briefing on a weekly basis the Nairobi Regional Office
- Prepare detailed weekly and monthly financial reports as directed by Regional Admin
All applicants are required to meet the following minimum qualifications; Ø Bachelor Degree in Business, Accountancy or any other related field Ø A good proficiency in the English language (both written and spoken)
Ø At least two years working experience with an international humanitarian organization Ø Knowledge of administrative principles
Ø Able to write accurate reports, minutes
Ø Good understanding of humanitarian practices and emergency activities.
Ø Honesty and truthfulness.
Ø Capable of working pro-actively and independently, while being an excellent team worker.
Ø Demonstrated experience in capacity building and training.
Ø Excellent computer literacy.
Ø Experience in working with local stakeholders such as health clinics and NGOs.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send motivation letter (max ½ pages) and CV with at least 3 references to the following email addresses:
The email subject line should be marked as: “Application for Admin Kismayo”
Application Deadline: 26th January 2020
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Successful candidate will be expected to comply with GRT Code of Conduct and GRT Child Protection Policy.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2151 total views, 1 today