- Job category: Monitoring & Evaluation
- Post date:6 Oct 2019
- Share job:
Somalia BUILD Project
Job Title: Field Monitor
Position Location: BUILD Project,Mogadishu, Somalia
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide with a strong and diverse portfolio that includes global contracts with the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and other clients including the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Defense. The firm has earned a solid reputation among its clients and missions worldwide and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is located in Mogadishu, Somalia. The successful applicant must be a Somalia national and have the right to work in Somalia. No relocation or similar expenses will be paid by Creative Associates.
TheBringing Unity, Integrity and Legitimacy to Democracy (BUILD) project aims to support electoral and political processes in Somalia by fostering increased citizen participation; building the capacity of civil society, election management bodies (EMBs), and other relevant government and non-govenrmentbodies to pave the way for one person, one voteelections in Somalia; and supporting the development of issue-based and viable political parties.
Position Start Date: Immediately
The Filed Monitor will be responsible for assisting data quality and data collection from project field activities. the FM will support for collection and compilation of data from the program teams for reporting, S/he will also assist data entry for BUILD M&E platform. S/he will conduct field monitoring visits for the program activities when required. S/he will ensure proper record-keeping of all records in the M&E requirements. The position holder will work closely with program staff and component-based M&E focal persons in subcontractors and partners.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Field Monitor will report to the Monitoring & Evaluation officer.
The Field Monitor will:
- Provide support to program staff, grantees, & other partners to collect, compile, check, and sort data from the field.
- Verify data, reports, and supporting documentation submitted by partners and grantees.
- Ensure regular update and maintenance of BUILD database platform.
- Conduct data filing and archiving as per project requirement.
- Conduct regular M&E field visits to observe and monitor specific project components assigned.
- Perform other necessary duties as assigned by supervisor.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Batcheler degree in social science, statics or similar
- At least three years’ Experience working in Somalia on similar projects
- Previous experience working on transition programs in other insecure environments is desirable but not required
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience analysing quantities and qualitative data and good reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of USAID policies, rules and regulations preferred.
Note: Female Candidate are strongly encouraging to apply
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position.
This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
How to apply:
Send electronic submissions of updated resumes & cover letter to email@example.com before 5 PM Sunday October 20,2019. Please include the Job Title in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3226 total views, 4 today