Field Monitor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Field Affairs
- Post date:29 Sep 2021
- Share job:
ANPPCAN-SOM is a legally registered body in Somaliland and Somalia. It is a non-government, not-for-profit, and non-partisan organization concerned with the status of children and women in general and those in need of protection in particular. Since its establishment, ANPPCAN-SOM has been working to realize child rights, promote their protection and fight malnutrition through its projects. ANPPCAN-SOM has spearheaded efforts to create sound child rights and protection among political players, policymakers, policy implementers, and the general public through advocacy and communications.
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TOR) FOR FIELD MONITOR
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
· Manage your respondents in accordance with set ethical and data collection guidelines during the data gathering such as while conducting community or/and beneficiary interviews including facilitating focus groups (FGDs) with target beneficiaries in target TMP sites.
· Ensure that protection survivors are only interviewed by ANPPCANSOM female field monitors during the data collection process at IP protection sites.
· Organize and manage travel arrangements while at field including managing the drivers of the vehicles hired during the data collection process.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING
· Communicate with local or/and implementing partners (IP/LIP) designate in line with IP information sheet shared to inform and plan jointly the TPM activity (including number and type of respondents required to be interviewed) prior to embarking the fieldwork.
· Communicate and confirm if the local or/and implementing partners designate received a TPM communication (Email) raised by ANPPCANSOM Mogadishu office requesting the Local IP to facilitate the scheduled TMP activity including the site to be monitored and list of documents required either for review or collection.
· Liaise with Third Part (TPM) Team Leader any changes/alterations (in relation to the site to be monitored or respondents to be interviewed) proposed/suggested by the IP for review and further consultation with concerned key partners.
· Communicate and report any perceived significant and potential security threats that may affect the field monitors or/and TPM activity in target sites prior to your departure to the site to help the ANPPCANSOM office make the necessary follow-ups to inform a final decision.
· In collaboration with IP, ensure key stakeholders in a leadership position at respective project sites are fully informed in advance and readily waiting for you at their own convenient time.
DATA MANAGEMENT AND REPORTING
· Ensure that data collection is undertaken in line with the stipulated guidelines and procedures so as to ensure that resultant data and information is of the highest quality.
· Ensure you submit the data collected through the IMS platform after every site visit before proceeding to the next.
· Conduct a prove-reading and review process on the data populated into the IMS system to ensure answers provided are corresponding to questions in the tool.
· Address all blank spaces observed or inadequate explanations provided in the tools/checklist as may be deemed necessary including filling in the mandatory sections accordingly.
· Participate in field monitors training organized and conducted by ANPPCANSOM Mogadishu office.
· Respond to comments and clarifications required by the Third Part Monitoring team leader regarding the data submitted in each data collection cycle and provide any additional information required as may be requested.
· Carry out onsite proper document review process in line with the list of required support documents, and ensure that you collect documents required according to the monitoring guideline in the course of the two-day timeframe allocated per IP site.
· Ensure you adhere to the data collection protocols as inducted during the field monitors training.
· University degree in public health, social sciences, statistics, planning development, and/or related field is required. Degree in monitoring and evaluation or research will be an added advantage
· At least 3 years experience in conducting routine monitoring and data verification through observation, face-to-face interview, and document review.
· Experience in data collection and reporting in real-time.
· Excellence in communication skills and experience in working with a large range of Somali population, local government, private sectors, and civil society.
· Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Somali language.
ANPPCAN-SOM has a Staff Code of Conduct and Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy developed to ensure the maximum protection of children and Adult Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA). ANPPCANSOM also has an Anti-Bribery-and-Corruption-Policy and Whistle-Blower & Protection policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of ANPPCAN-SOM, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty and protect all employees to achieve compliance with various laws and regulations. Any candidate offered a job with ANPPCANSOM is expected to adhere to these policies, other ANPPCAN-SOM, and Donor rules and regulations.
ANPPCAN-SOM practices zero-tolerance against child and adult abuse. ANPPCAN-SOM has zero-tolerance concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen applicants against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism requirements.
“We need to keep children safe, so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects ANPPCANSOM’s commitment to the protection of children and adults from all forms of abuse”. ANPPCAN-SOM’s Child and Adult Safeguarding Policy apply to all ANPPCANS-SOM staff. All staffs are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our Child and Adult Safeguarding policy.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. ANPPCANSOM reserves the right to change, revise, omit, and add in part /in whole this document any time without giving any reason thereof.
How to apply
Interested applicants should send their full CV and a letter of interest has a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Suitable candidates will be invited to interview. Closing date: 10th October 2021(12.00 am-midnight, Mogadishu time). Kindly do not send your application after the closing date since the application will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you have not received an answer within two weeks after the closing date, you may consider that you have not been selected for this position on this occasion. ANPPCANSOM is an equal employment employer; therefore, female applicants are encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2480 total views, 2 today