- Job category: Field Affairs
- Post date:10 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
SHABELLE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION (SHACDO)
|Job Title||Field Officer|
|Reports To||Senior Field Officer|
|Job Location||Afgoye, Lower Shabelle Region|
|Vacancy Announcement Number||SHACDO/NO/039|
|Background||Shabelle Community Development Organization (SHACDO) is a local nongovernmental humanitarian and development organization which is headquartered in Mogadishu-Somalia, but has sub project offices in Afgoye and Wanleweyn districts. The organization has been implementing outstanding community development projects in collaboration with National and International partners. Such projects included basic community needs during the severe famine i.e. humanitarian projects, e.g. Cash For Work, Education, Capacity building and training for the community development workers, construction of water wells and tanks, clean water provision, waste collection, sensitizing the community on Sexual-gender based violence, use and drinking of clean water and Environmental health and sanitation. SHACDO prioritizes to identify the most appropriate targets for their projects where the poorest communities are suffering most.|
|Job Purpose||The Field Officer is responsible for the leadership, management, learning and successful implementation of SHACDO’s field activities in Lower Shabelle Region. The incumbent is to ensure that specified programme goals and objectives are accomplished in accordance with established priorities, strategies, timelines and budgets, and that all reports and information required are produced on time, to a high standard.|
|· You will ensure timely activity implementation and monitoring of the activities at the field as well as facilitating regular updates to the head office.
· You will be tasked with the implementation of the project activities.
· Undertake the day to day project activities at the field level.
· Ensure that at the field level the project is implemented in the area assigned
· Build the capacity of field assistants in implementing project activities.
· Ensure a smooth working relationship and in collaboration with other partners and personnel on ground from relevant community members and NGOs.
· To assist SHACDO in identifying needs and plan humanitarian interventions in lower Shabelle region via the roll out of need assessments based on appropriate methods
· To assist in responding to the identified needs by delivering the agreed assistance to the beneficiaries;
· To assist in coordinating the assessments and the assistance with beneficiaries, local authorities and other stakeholders.
· To implement a sound community field screening needs assessment (based on a questionnaire and formal exchanges) under the supervision of the program Coordinator;
· To conduct a baseline research and provide satisfactory results to the organization
· To assist in the identification of needs in the most vulnerable community or in those receiving little external support;
· To collect all substantial information from interviewees and local authorities, community based organizations or members of civil societies that can support the report writing and the data analysis;
· To collect relevant data for the project and synthesize them before delivery
· To contribute in producing primary data and relevant information;
· To facilitate the logistics procedures to the field and in the field.
· Ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with the approved project documents
· Ensure that the Project budget are spent in line with the approved activities
· Coordinate the daily management of planned activities
· Coordinate and supervise project assistants in the project implementation and monitoring
· Provide assistance in the financial management of the project
· Ensure compliance of administrative and financial procedures of SHACDO, its donors and the implementing partners
· Provide advice and updates in the project management and implementation
· Conduct research and assessments with solid methodologies
· Provide guidance to SHACDO in data collection and monitoring techniques
· Ensure high-quality reporting and assist the organization by providing high-quality reports
· Liaise and network with relevant local actors and stakeholders
· Support capacity building processes throughout the project Ensure that all experiences and lessons learnt during the project course are well documented for the use of future references
|Qualification And Experience:
|· Bachelor degree of agriculture or related areas.
· Minimum experience of 3 years in similar position or working with agriculture and livelihood related activities
· Experience in project management including project planning and monitoring
· Experience with project planning, development of budget and expenditures monitoring
· Good knowledge of and skills in using participatory methodologies and approaches
· Excellent written and spoken English, fluent Somali. Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ad enthusiasm about improving an increasing agricultural opportunities in Lower Shabelle region
· Strong computer skills at least on word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should apply by submitting their applications (cover letter, updated CV and contacts of 3 professional referees) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or Shacdo’s Office, near Aden Abdulle Hospital, KM5 Mini Road, Wadajir district, Benadir, Somalia with the subject line and vacancy notice number “Application for Field Officer” The closing date for application is 17th November 2019. Applications and CVs submitted after deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1559 total views, 6 today