Field Procurement Advisor – Garissa, Kenya
- Job category: Procurement
- Post date:21 Nov 2020
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
PLACE IN THE ORGANIZATION :
This is a new role, which sits in the team of technical logisticians (and report to the coordinator technical logistics).
You will work closely with the other advisors in the FSU (mainly the Front Office advisors and Supply advisors), the Unifield ERP and the pharmacy management teams. There is also
Because the position has a field focus we believe proximity to our operations is important, as well as to the main supply operations.
Hence, the suitable work stations are Nairobi and Amsterdam.
MAIN OBJECTIVES :
- To initiate, develop, implement and evaluate organization-wide policies and procedures in local procurement;
To give expert advice and support to operations and colleagues in the department and in the field missions on procurement.
We are looking for a specialist, so someone with a degree in business administration or supply chain management . Hands on and operational experience are key, therefore we require at least 5 years of experience in procurement including data analysis, sourcing, complex negotiation and contracting, or a position in a different domain entailing the same components, a good knowledge base in supply chain processes and financial budgeting.
The operational experience ideally also includes field missions in procurement / supply chain functions with MSF or another NGO, or at least work experience in a similar international environment , because the job will require one to work in diverse teams in a great variety of context, also remotely.
To do this well, we believe proven diplomacy, ability to develop a professional network and listening skills are required.
The job requires computer literacy : proven ability to work with Office and ERP, but in particular a good command of excel is a must.
Experience in project management is an added value, as are writing skills (for guidance, SOPs ). An analytical mindset, organizational skills and autonomy are a must, particularly because this is a new role.
Proven experience in customer orientation and a result-orientated attitude are key.
We welcome applications from people with MSF experience or without, but in order to succeed we believe a motivation to commit to MSF values is vital.
Also, one should be r eady to spend more than 30% of his / her time in the projects and missions in the field. Due to the fact that in a lot of our projects many of the staff speak French , this is a strong asset as well.
- You definite and develop policies, procedures, guidelines, indicators and tools related to procurement. You also support the front office colleagues and flying teams in their implementation in the field;
- You lead the global spend analysis at field level in order to identify key suppliers, category of procurement and advice on the definition of priorities for the field missions.
You advise stakeholders on procurement KPIs.
- You provide guidance and advice, in order to develop local and regional procurement strategies in field missions. In doing so you consider potential leverage by mutualizing with the spend of other sections of the organization
- You provide strategic, local and regional insights and recommendations to the tactical procurement team located in the main office in Amsterdam for the development of the Global Procurement Strategies;
- You support field teams in tender processes and the negotiation of contracts;
- You develop market assessments and benchmark analysis;
- You build the capacities of procurement colleagues in the field missions through coaching and training;
- You are available for field deployment to do technical work, emergency assignments and / or market assessments;
Required education : Bachelor’s degree
Required relevant work experience : 5 years
Required languages : Somali (Spoken : fluent Written : fluent)English (Spoken : fluent Written : fluent),
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
684 total views, 3 today