FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:21 Nov 2019
- Share job:
FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Position: Finance and Administration Assistant
Location: Baidoa, Somalia
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context. ACTED’s staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the below position in Baidoa, Somalia.
This position will require the individual to perform transparent and efficient logistic, financial, administration and security management for ACTED programmes in South West State, Somalia.
To perform transparent, true and as per ACTED procedures all the Baidoa petty cash payments, ensure a good filling and document tracking and assist the finance department in monthly internal reporting (TITANIC) as well as field finance staff in their day-to-day duties.
The Finance Assistant shall be responsible for:
To perform all the finance documentation at Baidoa level
To perform petty cash management
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for Excel Nairobi Cash Book entries according to ACTED Standard entry grid.
- Responsible for crosscheck of allocation as per purchase order.
- Responsible for accounting codes accuracy in cash/bank books and payment vouchers according to ACTED Standard entry grid
- Preparing on monthly basis loan/advance book and send it to FM for check by 15th of the month.
- Responsible for petty cash box payment
- Responsible for daily Cash Counts.
- Responsible for preparation of Weekly and Monthly Cash Counts for Finance Manager’s approval (Cash Checking Statement)
- Responsible for payment execution at Capital Level (according to ACTED payment procedures) i.e. statutory and other payments (PAYE, NSSF, NHIF, NITA, HELB, PENSIONetc.
- Responsible of preparing payment voucher for approval by Finance Manager before payment is processed
- Responsible for checking of all finance vouchers for Baidoa.
- Responsible for photocopying the finance vouchers and labelling as per ACTED standards.
- Responsible for follow up and filing of voucher on monthly basis.
- Photocopying all fully signed capital vouchers on a monthly basis;
- Labelling & filing all vouchers at capital level (originals: blue books; copies: red books; field & partners: black books)
- Responsible to prepare the Contract follow up on daily basis
- Perform any other task assigned by the manage
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Logistics, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience, preferably in a similar position in an NGO.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Fluency in Somali and English language is a must
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org and received on or before 5.00PM on 5thDecember 2019 with the subject line“FINANCE AND ADMIN ASSISTANT”
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2083 total views, 1 today