Finance and Administrative Assistant – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:2 Jun 2020
- Share job:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Supervisor: Finance Officer
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Contract period: 3 months, renewable depending on performanceand funding.
Closing date: 20th June 2020
About Human Appeal
Human Appeal is a faith-based charity that aims to abolish poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. Human Appeal has 7 International Field Offices across Africa, Asia and the Middle East (Iraq, Lebanon, Pakistan, Palestine, Somalia, Turkey, and Yemen). Human Appeal Somalia Field office programme operations are based in Mogadishu, Gedo region and previously Bai region, with programmatic focus in the sectors of; WASH, Shelter, FSL, Education/Child Sponsorship, Protection and Health.
Main Job Purpose
Facilitate the efficient and effective financial operation of Human Appeal office and ensure compliance with Human Appeal financial policies and procedures alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines and rules.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Accounting & documenting
- Implement financial policies and procedures, including reconcile the accounts payables, receivables/advances and issuing receipts for all the funds received, to assure smooth operation of financial activities.
- Maintain accurate and update financial documentations through ensuring copies of project financial files and related documents are filled for back up storage in both hard and soft copies, and confirming that full accountabilities (documentations) are obtained for all expenditures and validity of claims all financial claims, so as to keep financial information solid and reliable.
- Process cash flow activities through establishing the Fund requirements, and submits cash flow forecast every 25th of the month to the Supervisor, and ensuring month end cash counts are properly done are timely submitted to the Supervisor, ensure scanning of supporting documents and sees that proper filing is done in accordance with donor requirements and/ or HA finance manual, for assuring healthy cash flow management.
- Assisting in review of cash flow by ensuring Programme Manager reviews/carries out physical cash count reconciled at the end of the week (Thursday) and that Cash counts are filled for review by the Supervisor the following Monday together with the weekly updated cashbook to reflect on previous management and advance.
- Assisting in budgeting through providing the financial review of all Order Requests (OR) and Request for payments in accordance to the set limit in the financial manual (FM), as well as supporting the Supervisor to verify approved payment Vouchers for all payments in accordance to the set limit of FM and running budget line balance.
- Maintain a functional payment schedule by ensuring contracts are respected and paid for according to agreed terms of payments so as to keep excellent goodwill of Human Appeal.
- Assure obedience of taxation policies via preparations of schedules for all taxes withheld or paid on a monthly basis where relevant, and submissions to the Supervisor for verification before to the relevant authorities, for finance legality of Human Appeal.
Assistance in overall financial review
- Support review on financial status through Assisting with the monthly, quarterly and annual Human Appeal Somalia and donor reports preparation, as well as supporting Finance and Programme Managers to adequately prepare for both internal and independent audits, to spot weakness and strength in financial operation.
- Assist with office administrative duties from time to time as may be requested by the Supervisor
Experience and Technical Competencies
- Degree level ideally in Finance, Accountancy or Business Administration with a majors in finance and accounting.
- MUST be computer literate and proficient in accounting software especially QuickBooks.
- Proven track record of minimum of 3 years’ experience in a finance role.
- Experience in budgeting.
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work independently, exercise judgement and flexibility in a very challenging environment.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to relate to and motivate team members.
- Highly reliable, able to consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent cross-cultural awareness.
- Experience working in security-sensitive environments and enforcement of team security protocols is an asset.
- Passionate about saving lives, international development work and humanitarian aid.
Please note this is a local contract, for this role you must have the right to work in Somalia.
HOW TO APPLY:
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success submit your application cover letter and CV to;email@example.com with subject lineFinance and Administrative Assistantby or before 20th June 2020. Applytoday to become our Finance Assistant – we would love to hear from you. *Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply*
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3904 total views, 3 today