Finance Assistant Bokolmayo, Somali Regional State Of Ethiopia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:12 Oct 2021
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Requisition ID: req20607
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Melkadida, Ethiopia
Under the direct supervision of the Finance Officer the Finance Assistant handles all cash payments within the office and collections outside the office (which needs travels to the field) and assists the finance Officer in recording, scanning documents and preparation of the monthly report for the Field Office.
Mani duty & responsibility
- Effects all approved payments for approved purchase, labor services, incentive workers, temporary without delay and collections made outside of the office travel to camps.
- Deposit unpaid & other cash collections to CBE Dollo Ado Bank and OIB Melkadida branch.
- Prepare check and effect payments after approval from the designated official
- Mark as PAID from online BVA system for effected payments.
- Maintain petty cash account and replenish it when it reaches 20%.
- Withdraw cash for approved cash in office documents and effect the payment on time.
- Give strong attention for safety and security of the organization during cash transfer from Bank to office and Camp to camp.
- Responsible to maintain files of financial records, agreements and other documents.
- Records all Cash in office, petty cash on excel format using the correct codes and forward to Finance Officer/ Manager/ for review.
- Keep safe box cashes as per the organization cash policy.
- Travel to project sites to effect Approved payments.
- Track any paid buck payments and file on monthly bases.
- Assist the Finance Manager & finance officer in preparation of the monthly report.
- Daily conduct petty cash and cash in office accounts after 5: 00 PM and every Friday together with finance officer or manager. Be ready for anytime for surprise cash count by Finance Manager, Finance Officer, and Field Coordinator.
- Reconcile cash balance per records with the result of cash count report any variance for Finance Manager.
- Keep the blank financial vouchers in locked place. Make sure the available pads are enough. In the case of shortage signal, prior request expected from you to the Finance Manager.
- Give maximum care and control the Blank checks and put in locked save box.
- Make sure taxes paid to Dollo Ado and Bokolmanyo Inland Revenue authority by their account number and any other liabilities has cleared timely.
- Keep filing systems in which documents could be readily available and easily traced too.
- Give copy of unpaid documents to the staff who prepared the documents.
- Collect bank advice & statement from Dollo Ado bank on monthly basis and OIB twice in a month.
- Make sure each month financial documents scanned and scanned document are remained in the field office and file as per the journal record before documents send to Addis.
- Each month stamp original document “PAID or Received BY IRC” before sending to Addis.
- Keep well organized Book of Accounts at the Field Office according to the IRC Finance Manual.
- Coding all the transaction properly on the Finance voucher as per the approved PR.
- Give attention to detailed accuracy and neatness in documentation.
- Perform financial duties in line with IRC program, Personnel & Finance Regulation.
- Make sure that all finance documents are stamped with IRC Ethiopia Paid OR Received stamp we send to Addis.
- Prepare and fill finance related out going letters.
- Do all tasks assigned by the Finance Manager/ Field Coordinator.
- BA degree in accounting with zero years related work experience.
- Diploma in Accounting and minimum of two years of related experience
- International NGO experience with SUN system application is an advantage
- Basic computer knowledge (word and excel)
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Basic English spoken and writing.
- Somali language is advantageous.
- Female candidate is high encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
888 total views, 36 today