Finance Assistant – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:12 Sep 2020
- Share job:
Job Advertisement- Mogadishu Finance Assistant
The HALO Trust is a non-profit international non-governmental organisation. The HALO Trust is the world’s largest humanitarian mine action organisation conducting mine clearance and explosive ordnance disposal operations.
He/she reports to: Finance officer/ Programme Finance Manager
Title: Finance Assistant
Contract length: One year (including a three-month probationary period)
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Application closing date: 20 September 2020
The Finance Assistant will deliver clear and visible accounting of HALO financial transactions to the satisfaction of HALO management, donors or financial auditors. Under the overall guidance and supervision of The HALO Trust’s Programme Finance Manager and the Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant shall control the daily financial related activities of the Mogadishu office.
Make payments and receive documents in accordance with HALO procedures:
- Enforce the respect of the purchasing and payment procedures by all HALO staff
- Collect and examine supporting documents, ensure that documents and signatures are valid
- Prepare payment vouchers and receipt vouchers
- Maintain advance and open vouchers registers
- Record all transactions on manual and computer systems as appropriate
Manage the petty cash:
- Prepare monthly Cash Request based on the location needs and projections
- Be responsible for petty cash held in the office
- Prepare Cash Book and request additional cash as necessary
- Ensure that money is always available in a timely manner
- Carry out cash count every week or when requested
Ensure that all account records are filed in an orderly manner as per basic accounting procedures and The HALO Trust finance procedures
Prepare location monthly accounts
Ensure that Monthly Financial Report is accurate and submitted to the Finance officer/Programme manager in a timely manner
Undertake any other duties that may be requested by the management.
University degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or equivalent
Copies of certificates and diplomas are required when submitting the application.
At least two years’ experience in a similar role
NGO experience is an advantage.
Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Well-disciplined and motivated
Flexible, enthusiastic and willing to listen and learn from others
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by curriculum vitae, three work related referees with contacts and all supporting documents (copies of diplomas, certificates of qualification, previous employment, etc.).
Applications can be submitted to Somalia_hr@halosom.org no later than 20 September 2020
NB. Only short-listed candidate will be contacted for interview. Please ensure a contact number is clearly marked.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
3800 total views, 4 today