Finance Assistant – (Re-Posted) -Jijiga, Somali Regional state Ethiopia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:3 Apr 2021
- Share job:
Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
- Effects all approved payments and collections made outside of the office travel to camps.
- Deposit unpaid & other cash collections to Bank.
- Prepares check and effect payments after approval from the designated official.
- Maintain petty cash account and replenish it when it reaches 20%.
- Withdraw cash for approved cash in office documents and effect the payment on time.
- Give strong attention for safety and security of the organization during cash transfer from Bank to office and Camp to camp.
- Responsible to maintain files of financial records, agreements, and other documents.
- Records all cash in office, petty cash on excel format using the correct codes and forward to Finance Officer/ Manager/ for review.
- Track any paid buck payments and file on monthly bases.
- Assist the Finance Manager & finance officer in preparation of the monthly report.
- Daily conduct petty cash and cash in office accounts after 5: 00 PM and every Friday together with finance officer or manager. Be ready for anytime for surprise cash count by your supervisor, officer, Camp manager or field coordinator.
- Reconcile cash balance per records with the result of cash count,
- Keep the blank financial vouchers in locked place. Make sure the available pads are enough. In the case of shortage signal, prior request expected from you to the finance manager.
- Give maximum care and control the Blank checks and put in locked save box.
- Make sure taxes paid to Respective government offices Inland Revenue authority by their account number and any other liabilities has cleared timely.
- Keep filing systems in which documents could be readily available and easily traced too.
- Give copy of unpaid documents to the staff who prepared the documents.
- Follow up of the photocopy functionality: readiness of tonner in the stock, raising PR for tonner etc.
- Collect bank advice & statement from Jijiga bank (twice per month for bank statement).
- Make sure each month financial documents copies are remained in the field office and filed before documents send to Addis.
- Give attention to detailed accuracy and neatness in documentation.
- Perform financial duties in line with IRC program, Personnel & Finance Regulation.
- Fills financial documents in accessible, well organized, and safely manner
- Labels and sequentially arranges vouchers, grant files, ledgers, and other documents
- Make sure that payments documents are canceled with paid stamped
- Arrange tax related documents monthly and facilitate timely liquidation of tax liability
- Arrange and avail finance documents during IRC’s Internal /external auditing
- Collect advices, checks and statements from bank on regularly basis
- Ensures access to financial documents are limited to authorized personnel’s and tracks for any documents issued to externals
- Assist all the finance team as required like photocopying, scanning, document retrieval and others
- Applies basic knowledge of work routines and standards; requires ability to understand oral and written instructions and perform simple tasks.
- 2 years of related work experience for Diploma in accounting holders
- O years of related work experience for first degree in accounting holders
- NGO experience is a plus.
- Plus, basic computer knowledge (word, excel)
- Basic English spoken and writing.
Professional Standards: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances
Equal Opportunity Employer: IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
920 total views, 1 today