Finance Internship, Hargeisa, Somaliland
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:28 Mar 2021
- Share job:
JOB OPPORTUNITY: FINANCE INTERN, HARGEISA
Position: Finance Intern
Direct hierarchy: Senior Finance Officer
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the Finance Intern position in Hargeisa.
- Main Objective
The main objective of the Finance intern is to assist the ACTED Finance department with their operational tasks. This translates to ensure a proper and clean documentation of every project conducted by ACTED.
The intern will be mostly in charge of the daily accounting management
II. Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting on the debt follow-up and contract follow-up to the Snr Finance Officer
- Collecting the information on cash disbursement for the Hargeisa Office
- Assisting performing the petty cash management
- Assisting elaborating the cash book for Hargeisa
- Assisting the Finance Officer in the monthly accounting through:
- Checking the finance documentation (expenses, advances etc)
- Preparing the finance voucher
- Filling the voucher when necessary
- Assisting the Snr Finance Officer in the monthly accounting through preparation of the reconciliation statement, scanning the end month’s documents, counter checking vouchers against the cashbook….
- Assist in consolidation of the V1 closure documents.
- Assist from time to time in reviewing field finance vouchers.
- Protection Mainstreaming: promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors)
- Perform other tasks as requested by ACTED Management
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resource or a related field.
- Deep and clear understanding of humanitarian principles and activities.
- Sound understanding/experience in financial processing and management
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Keen to detail and accuracy required and willing to learn
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision, pro-active and a good team-player.
- High level of integrity and honesty.
- Fluency in Somali language is an added advantage
Qualified Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 10th April, 2021 with the subject line “FINANCE INTERN – HARGEISA”. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. CVs will be shortlisted on an on-going basis.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behaviour and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2508 total views, 1 today