Finance Internship – Hargeisa
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:11 Feb 2020
- Share job:
ISLAMIC RELIEF SOMALIA PROGRAMME
Position Title Finance Intern – 01 (National Position)
Date of issued : 11th February, 2020,
Closing Date: 15th February, 2020,
Reporting : Finance Assistant
DutyStation : Hargeisa
Duration of Initial Contract: 6 Months.
Islamic Relief Somalia (IRS) has been operating in Somalia since 2006 and has responded to conflict and drought affected people through provision of life saving assistance. Through our projects, IR has continuously been providing safe drinking water, improving hygienic sanitation facilities, increasing hygiene awareness, particularly to ones living in IDP camps; empowering the urban poor and distressed working children, engaging in conflict management and mitigation and strengthening of community cohesiveness and co-existence.
To ensure that department have efficient and effect document control and all record are prepared in accurate/ideal manner.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- To work with Finance Assistant to complete the Project Files and to make sure all record are up to date.
- To work with Finance Assistant to ensure all Financial Voucher Files are up to date and organized properly.
- To help Finance team to sort out the day to day financial payments and to make sure all supporting documents as per checklist are available and attached properly.
- To sort out all beneficiaries record for ongoing as well as complete projects.
- To help the team in any other assignment as and when required.
- To prepare the various record in excel, MS Office as advised by the Finance Assistant like to update Cheque payment register, Cancelled cheques etc.
- To demonstrate and follow IR Values in day to day operation and ensure to work in the line of HR protocols
- To be responsible to show excellent discipline and team work during the day to day business.
- AOP/AOR as and when advised
Qualifications, Experience and skills
- Graduate with Degree on Business administration, Finance, Accounting orOther related qualifications,
- Experience of exposure of NGOs is value added.
- Must be a computer literate especially in MS Word and Excel.
- A professional with high personal integrity and commitment.
- An individual that can cope work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Communication skills, committed to learn and implement
- IRW Somalia Program is inviting applications from fresh graduate candidates who are interested to submit their CVs and cover letters explaining, how they meet Job description.
- Each application should be addressed to the HR account: firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
- An updated CV; and An application letter
- Academic Qualifications (certificates/Transcripts)
- Copy of your National ID card or passport
- Applications not including all of the above information will not be reviewed.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IRS is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2955 total views, 2 today