Finance Manager (FM)
|Position title:||Finance Manager (FM)|
|Department of Mine Action and Disarmament (DMAD)|
Last revised (date/title):
|April 2019 / HR advisor DMAD / Controller DMAD|
|Country Director / Programme Manager|
|Responsible for line managing:||National finance staff|
|Additional reporting line:||DMAD department at HO / Finance department at HO – fill in as applicable|
|The Finance Manager is the head of financial management, accounting and reporting for projects in (country). The position reports to the Country Director / Programme Manager, and is part of the NPA (Somalia) Senior Management Team.
All responsibilities and reporting have to be carried out in accordance with the strategic objectives of NPA, the Regulation for Delegation of Authorisation and other relevant procedures and guidelines in the Quality Management System, as well as approved local guidelines, regulations and issued memos, and donor rules and regulations.
The position is based in (Mogadishu) with local/regional travel as required.
· Overall responsibility for NPA (Somalia) Programme’s finance management including accounting, auditing, monitoring activities and daily smooth running of the financial operation.
· Responsible for quality assurance of accounting and financial control as per Norwegian People’s Aid policies, rules and regulations (Financial Handbook) and relevant national legislation. Special attention must be given to implementation of anti-corruption guidelines.
· Responsible for forecasting processes and associated monitoring and reporting.
· Prepare monthly budget against actual reports for dissemination to budget holders on a timely basis for prudent budget follow up.
· Line Manager for all finance and accounting staff in NPA country programme.
· Develop skills and capacity within finance and programme staff in finance management and monitoring.
· Perform regular field visits and ensure adequate internal controls are in place.
· Facilitate and coordinate internal and external audits in country and follow up on recommendations.
· Responsible for monthly and annual reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer at NPA Head Office.
· Maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet by ensuring prompt preparation of month end balance sheet reconciliations (TBR).
· Manage the cash flow and ensure there is adequate cash in-country for activities/operations.
· In cooperation with the senior management team ensure compliance with donor requirements in all programmes, and ensure donor financial reports are prepared as per contractual obligations.
· Liaise closely on technical and compliance issues with the Head Office Financial Controller.
· Participate in the planning and budget process.
· Support Capacity Development of NPA partners as instructed by Country Director
|All National staff are expected to undertake the following:|
How to apply
All interested applicants should be directed their Cover Letter and CV to Human Resource Department by this email address HRsomalia@npaid.org the closing date will be 30th November 2019
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2416 total views, 7 today