Finance Manager – Mogadishu
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:11 Feb 2020
- Share job:
FCA is responding to the challenging context in Somalia by strengthening both development and humanitarian programs; the development work focuses on governance and reconciliation, with an intertwined growing education and livelihoods projects, which will contribute to a long-lasting peace in the country. The humanitarian programme´s priority will remain in education in emergencies.
Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the country programme, ensuring compliance with relevant laws, donor and internal policies and procedures. Place of assignment is Mogadishu with frequent travels to other field locations within Somalia and Somaliland. Finance Manager reports to Country Director.The position is open only to Somali nationals.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide financial oversight of the country programme
- Lead and direct the staff; oversee activities; plan, prioritize and allocate work assignments, ensuring they are in line with strategy and compliment the work of others
- Coach, mentor, encourage, manage talent, and evaluate staff; act as an enabler
- Ensure effective management accounting and donor reporting processes are in place for the country programme
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all financial accounting routines and reports
- Implement and develop FCA’s financial policies and procedures
- Maintain overall budget development, control and monitoring
- Implement, manage and develop internal controls
- Build the capacity of the FCA’s and partners financial staff
- Provide business modelling and risk assessment advice for country programme development projects
- Facilitate and coordinate external, internal, donor or government audits
- Prepare accurate forecasts of cash requirements with relevant program staff and take part in the preparation of funding requests
- Prepare official and ad hoc reports as required by the management or other staff, HO, donor or other stakeholders
- Ensuring finance reporting schedules, guidelines and other requirements are met as per FCA internal and contractual obligations
- Participate and actively engage in coordination meetings relevant to program development
- Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor
Competence and Personal Requirements:
- University Master degree in in finance or accounting, and/or relevant accounting certification
- Minimum 5 years of related professional experience with an international organization managing self-implemented multi-donors programme’s in a similar context
- Extensive grant management and compliance experience with large institutional donors
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues across the organisation
- Advanced Knowledge in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Familiar or previous experience with accounting systems (preferably QuickBooks)
- Problem solving skills with persistent attention to detail
- Fluency in English
- Ability to travel out of duty station
- Ability to work under pressure and stressful environment
- Cultural sensitivity and inter-cultural communication skills
The fixed-term contract for this position will be made until 31st December 2021 with four month probation time. The compensation is based on FCA Compensation System and depends on prior work experience.
FCA is Finland’s largest organization for development cooperation and second largest provider of humanitarian assistance. FCA is a founding member of the ACT Alliance. We seek positive change by supporting the most vulnerable people in fragile contexts. We specialize in supporting local communities’ right to peace, livelihoods and quality education.
FCA practices zero tolerance against any kind of abuse. FCA’s Code of Conduct and Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff.
How to apply:
Please apply by using the link below no later than on 24thFebruary 2020. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2030 total views, 2 today