Finance Manager – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:12 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 21 days
- Share job:
Position: Finance Manager
Location: Somalia, Mogadishu
Salary range: Competitive
Employment Type: 1 year (subject to extension)
This role is not open to expats.
Summary of Role:
The Finance Manager lead finance team and provide a pro-active, efficient, timely and relevant finance service to the technical and operations departments including project reports at a level of detail necessary to manage budgets effectively, ensuring proper books of account are maintained in compliance with local law and MA Finance Management Policies and Procedures.
About the Role:
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Financial Accounting by ensuring monthly transactions are entered in the General Ledger accurately and on a timely basis
- Maintaining the integrity of the balance sheet by checking and validating a) monthly bank reconciliations, following up outstanding items b) purchase ledger reconciliations c) staff advances and other debtors d) sundry creditors and all other creditors e) check the fixed assets register is up to date monthly
- Management Accounting by ensuring project financial reports for donor and partners are prepared according to donor requirements; submit reports to the regional office for review prior to submitting to the donor
- Identify and assess risks facing the Somalia programme and develop mitigation strategies along with the Country Director & HQ
To be successful in this role:
- You will be an exceptional experienced and qualified Finance Manager with a minimum five-year post qualification experience plus minimum of three years at a senior level
- Educated to bachelor’s degree level. Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant
- You will be highly skilled in evaluating risk and use of risk analysis techniques
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Finance Manager to be able to lead on, build and develop quality programming.
How to apply
For applications: Please forward your application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as application for the position of Finance Manager – Somalia.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check/relevant international checks. In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles willundergo an Experian Credit Check/equivalent to this in Country Offices.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date, however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1282 total views, 1 today