Finance Manager – Mogadishu
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:1 Dec 2019
- Share job:
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 135 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse. SOS Currently working in Banadir Bay/Bakool Regoins.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below position.
Job Title: Finance Manager (1 Position)
Directs the financial function within SOS Somalia ensuring the sound financial management of the organisation at all levels. Ensures full compliance with SOS financial procedures and standard accounting practises. Leads the finance team within the organisation providing guidance and control as necessary. Ensures all finance staff are properly selected, trained and equipped to fulfill their function.
Report to: National Director
Key Area of responsibility:
Strategic Leadership and planning
- Sets the strategic plans, objectives and priorities of the Finance Department, through close consultation with the National Director and Regional staff
- Lead the development of the National Association annual budgets ensuring that organisational objectives are finically supported as economically as possible
- Propose and implement new financial and administrative procedures aimed at strengthening internal controls and systems
- Provides technical support to the National director in ensuring all strategic plans are economically viable
Treasury, Liquidity & Risk Management
- Takes a lead role in liquidity planning and quality check of the Organization liquidity plans
- Prepare risk assessments and coordinate and monitor mitigation measures
- Takes a lead role in managing bank relations, Bank accounts and their management & currency risks
- Ensures that fund-transfer requests are properly prepared, and made in time to ensure that sufficient funds are secured for project operations.
- Ensures the Risk register is updated Annually
- Takes lead in organizing for annual external financial audits for the Organization as well as specific projects and the implementation of action plans
- Take a lead role in facilitating internal audits and implementation of action plans
- Takes a lead role in formulation and implementation of Audit Action plans
Donor Contract Management & Reporting
- Supports programs and Institutional funding functions in the formulation of sound proposals and budgets
- Takes a lead role in monitoring of Institutional grants, reporting & ensuring compliance with donor requirements
- Lead the preparation of monthly (and other) financial reports / statements to the Region Office/Donors/partners
- Takes a ead role in assemment of sub grantees, partners and CBO’s
- Supports HR function in HR planning and management.
- Ensures accounting and programme staff receive adequate, on-job training and development, to build their effectiveness on finance and compliance matters
- Responsible for ensuring set internal controls and guidelines are in line with set Organogram and various levels of staff
- Supports in human capacity development for finance team
- Supervise payroll for the entire MA based on the approved salary scale, ensuring that statutory deductions are accurate and promptly remitted.
- Takes a lead role in the recruitment and orientation of finance staff
- Conduct regular appraisals for finance staff.
- Develop new finance & administrative policies in line with international internal & external guidelines
- Researches tax requirements, as well as seeking opportunities for tax relief, exemptions or payments by government. Ensures tax applications / payments, as well as statutory payments are timely and followed up
- Review monthly income and expenditure statements (and other parameters) and advises project managers as well as the National Director on needed action.
- Controls overall expenditure of the NA, ensuring that financial resources are used modestly and efficiently to support planned activities and for the benefit of the children.
- Ensures that all donations, fees and other incomes are adequately accounted for, and are promptly banked
- Reviews sponsor money gifts administration procedures, and ensure that the money gifts policy is followed and proper records are kept and monies are accounted for.
- Supervises the National Association’s fixed assets registers, regularly checking them to ensure that all assets are well documented and secure
Qualification & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting, from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Must be a CPA or ACCA Holder. A Masters level qualification is desirable.
- A minimum of 7 years working experience with progressive responsibility for finance in a medium or large organization, preferably in the NGO sector with at least 3 years in a senior management /leadership position.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles, with working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations pertaining to finance, and the ability to guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Proficient user of SAP’s and MS Office productivity tools – especially advanced Excel and Navision
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the organization and general market
- Must have no criminal record and a demonstrated understanding of children’s issues and rights.
- Strong people engagement and influencing skills with the ability to build relationships, communicate, present, negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Analytical – synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Experienced leader of diverse people and processes with the ability to lead, develop and direct team members to deliver to high performance targets and standards.
- A demonstrated adaptability to drive change and transformation.
- Able to work under pressure, with strong organizational, planning, prioritization and execution skills and the ability take accountability for results and achievement of objectives.
- Enthusiastic, decisive, pragmatic and dynamic hands-on individual with a sense of urgency, attention to detail, thoroughness and unquestionable integrity.
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understands his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe.
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email email@example.com
Indicating with subject line of the position
Closing date is 14th December 2019
Competent Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1793 total views, 1 today