Finance Officer – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:14 Jul 2021
- Share job:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Employment Status: Full-time (with a three-month probationary period)
Employer: Y-PEER Somalia
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Reporting to: Executive Director
Somali Y- Peer Education Network is a pioneering and comprehensive initiative for youth, modeled on Youth Peer International; the network was established in September 2013, based in Mogadishu. The Y-PEER Somalia Network mobilizes youth groups to improve their employable skills, confidence, and information related to their livelihoods, environmental protection, sexual and reproductive health, Peacebuilding, and Political participation, promoting gender and women Empowerment, advocacy for youth participation in decision-making processes.
Purpose of the position
Follows the policies and procedures outlined in the Y-PEER financial manual and any other financial documents relevant to assigned duties; ensure that program staff follows them.
Contributes to the development of financial information required by funders and comply with their rules and regulations.
Works directly with the management team/Director to produce accurate and timely monthly financial reporting for the Somalia program.
Procedures financial reports include a Balance sheet, trial balance, income, and expenditure statements.
Supports and participate in all audit activities conducted by external and internal organizational or any other audit activities.
- Assists in ensuring that Somalia financial records are up to date, properly recorded in the accounting system and comply with Y-PEER and Donors financial policies and standards.
- Analyzes, summarize, and help present financial information to Management, Auditors and Donors. Thoroughly verify financial documents from Partners and field offices.
- Responsible for efficient use (cost efficiency), effective and ethical management of Somalia program resources; by monitoring expenditures and use of innovative working techniques.
- Ensures correctness of Y-PEER field staff provident data reconciles with the accounting system and bank.
- Ensures compliance to all statutory and taxation requirements as per law.
- Follow up on all outstanding receivables & payables due to/from Somalia program including staff. Ensure settlement of the same.
- Supports Somalia Program team on quality and accurate budgeting, grant management, accounting and reporting including fund raising initiatives.
- Develops financial capacities to Y-PEER Somalia staff and partners.
- Work directly with the line manager to complete Somalia program monthly financial reporting deliverables accurately and on time. Balance sheet, trial balance, income & expenditure statements.
- Prepares Bank reconciliations monthly.
- Ensures the requisition form, purchase order, and delivery receipts and verifies all payment Vouchers and other supporting documents.
Other Duties / Functions Assigned to The Position
- Monitoring Y-PEER and partners activities through online discussions.
- May require program site visits in Somalia.
- Perform all other duties that may be assigned by your line manager(s)
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, especially in Accounting, Finance, Banking, or another relevant field. Holding a master’s degree in finance Advantage.
- Relevant accounting certification (e.g., ACCA/CPA or any other certificate accounting professional)
- Ability to use MS Excel
- Strong Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, especially QuickBooks or any other financial packages
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- At least three (5) years experiences in accounting and administration functions of an international NGO or donor organization.
- Professionally and emotionally mature and able to provide guidance to diverse staff and partners.
- Experience of working in Somalia Programs is an added advantage.
Core Values and Critical Competencies
- Personal initiative, critical thinking
- Team player and collaborative
- Proactive and reliable.
- Presentable, friendly, patient, persistent and firm.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and work with limited on-site supervision.
- Ability to assess situations critically.
- The position holder will be subject to multi-directional demands and should be able to manage their time effectively.
- The job requires the holder to be available beyond the official working hours.
- Occasional tasks/travel may expose the position holder to risks.
- Excellent speaking and written Somalia and English is a must.
How to Apply
Applicants, who meet the requirements and qualifications outlined above, should send their application: letter of interest (expected remuneration), an updated resume, signed three professional references and copies of academic certificates, and any other supporting documents with the position entitled finance officer in the email heading to the following in the email address to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Hardcopy or paper application will not be considered. Deadline for the application by 25th July 2021 4:00 pm Mogadishu Time. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Y-PEER is an equal opportunity employer; female candidates are encouraged to apply.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1666 total views, 2 today