Finance Officer – Qardho
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:22 Jun 2020
- Share job:
Title: Finance Officer
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We’re changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To assist the Finance Manager, Field Manager and Budget Holders and the National Finance & Grants Team in the operation of Save the Children computerised accounting systems including production of analytical reports
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Qualifications & Experience
- A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized university.
- 3 years’ experience working in similar role in an INGO or with a busy working environment
- Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Agresso or FMS Accounting packages
- High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
- Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
The Application will close on 1st July,2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
|TITLE: Finance Officer – Qardho|
|CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Month with possibility of extension|
|SCOPE OF ROLE
Reports to: Field Manager – Qardho
Staff directly reporting to: Finance Assistant
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
|COMPETENCIES AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Applying Technical and Professional Expertise
· Makes decisions based on professional expertise and experience without deferring unnecessarily to others
· Shares knowledge and best practice on technical solutions so that others can make best use of that expertise
· Actively seeks new ways to develop the application of technical and professional standards within the team
Working effectively with others
· Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximize impact
|QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· A University degree in Commerce, Accounting or finance from a recognized university.
· 3 years’ experience working in similar role in an INGO or with a busy working environment
· Computer skills especially in Ms Excel, spread sheets, Ms Word and Agresso or FMS Accounting packages
· High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
· Ability and willingness to work under high pressure to meet tight deadlines
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Supportive personnel style
· Good command of English written and spoken
|CHILD SAFEGUARING POLICY:
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will therefore be required to complete a Police Check and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct.
|CODE OF CONDUCT
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to.
|Date of issue: 20th June, 2020 Author: Area Finance Manager – PL|
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2544 total views, 2 today